Wait: is Albert Pujols a big jerk or something? Since when?

Sep 8, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT

St. Louis Cardinals v Milwaukee Brewers Getty Images

I’ve had an interesting conversation with some Brewers fans on Twitter in the past few minutes.  It started when a guy named @brewfangrb called me and a couple others out for being critical of Nyjer Morgan in the wake of last night’s dustup with the Cardinals. The point wasn’t to defend Morgan — the guy and many others who later took up his argument were clear that Morgan wasn’t being a model citizen last night — but to ask why no one ever criticizes Albert Pujols.

So I asked: what’s on Pujols’ rap sheet? Because I can’t say I’ve ever heard anyone talk about him in the way people talk about Nyjer Morgan. And it’s that equivalency that is important because it was the unequal treatment that set my critics off.

In response to my question I got (a) a link to an incident in 2006 when he said that Tom Glavine “wasn’t very good” even though he beat the Cardinals; and (b) I got many references to the fact that Pujols hot dogs his home runs (which he certainly does).  But beyond that ….?  Really, how is Albert Pujols a jerk worthy of equal condemnation to Nyjer Morgan, who has been a serial jackass throughout his major league career? And has less than a scintilla of a percentage of Pujols’ baseball accomplishments under his belt?  And yes that matters. If you can back your stuff up you should be afforded a little more latitude. That’s how cockiness and its attendant behavior works.

So sure, Pujols probably didn’t need to run across the field last night, as it did likely escalate things. But let’s keep in mind the entirety of the situation. Nyjer Morgan has a track record of charging the mound. He was clearly trying to provoke something last night.  If there is a situation where the biggest guy on the field can feel justified about getting between his pitcher and trouble that’s it.

But Pujols-as-jackass? Sorry, folks. Unless you can cite some examples apart from “he beats the crap out of my team all the time and I hate him for it,” I’m not buying.

UPDATE: I was just tweeted this link by its author. It’s a couple of years old, but it adds to the conversation I suppose. Pujols smirks on occasion, in a manner that allows a Brewers fan to fill the smirk with meaning. OK.

UPDATE: Another data point: Pujols once complained that he was snubbed for the MVP and that the MVP should come from a playoff team. The fact that the MVP went to Ryan Howard that year is enough — if I say any more about it — to set off the biggest comment sh**storm this blog has ever seen, so I’ll leave it alone.

1. duvisited - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Without getting too far afield, Pujols may have made a lot of people unhappy with this:

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:37 PM

certainly grinds my gears.

• dailyrev - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

yeah, that’s pretty effin’ sad — LaRussa was at that event too, I believe. And I’m not in the camp that believes athletes deserve slack for ignorance of the reality of racist lying creeps like Beck. But Morgan’s tweet comes out of that same Beck mindset: the girly-man slur. I mean that’s neanderthal to or even beyond the point of the NBA homophobes, especially by a fellow who goes by the name “plush.”

• liquidgrammar - Sep 8, 2011 at 10:13 PM

LOVE IT!!!! That definitely puts him on my shit list!!!!

• sfbookreviews - Sep 9, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Oh my God! Pujols had his picture taken with Glenn Beck! I bet he worships Satan, eats puppies and tear the tags off of mattresses too. How is he even allowed to live after that?

You 4 are pathetic.

2. jayaresea - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:38 PM

jeff pearlman’s occasionally devotes some bandwidth to criticizing a non-Bonds player.

unless we’re only talking about on-the-field stuff.

• mcsnide - Sep 8, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Has there ever been an athlete Jeff Pearlman didn’t hate?

• Kevin S. - Sep 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Has there ever been a person Jeff Pearlman didn’t hate? One of the more miserable human beings I’ve ever heard.

3. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Let me be clear b/c I may not have said this today: Pujols was not wrong for what he did yesterday…anyone and everyone must defend their hurler. That should be obvious, it’s like your QB (sorry pigskin on the brain…down with GB!!!). Also, he’s the greatest hitter in the game right now and is a stand up guy from nearly every single account ever written about him. Brewers fans are a fishin’ if they’re looking for negative stories on Pujols. Braun is a documented butt plug. Go fish that one.

• cutesports - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Can we have some links that document Braun’s supposed “butt plug” nature?

• Alex K - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Pujols was not right last night. He was just as wrong as Morgan. I don’t think that benches would have cleared if he would have stayed at first.

• cintiphil - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM

You obviously need to stop watching sports and continue with your chess matches. Until you have an understanding of what goes on in these games, butt out. You have no idea of what real athletes go through and why a quarterback is protected by his lineman and at times to extreme. Learn something about pro sports before you chime in. If Pujols does not step in between his star pitcher and a little punk who threatens him, I don’t want him on my team, regardless of his Avg. All Carpenter needs is a broken hand in a fight with some punk who wants to challenge him.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I more kindly disagree Alex. I think make to my baseball days, rugby days and soccer days, and there was always a heavy amount of protection offered to anyone of the “small” positions. In baseball, it was the pitcher usually. If he was threatened, the team would have his back in nanoseconds. If it was the small left wing on the soccer field getting tripped, you bet the rest of us on the front line and mid-field are there ready to defend him. If there was a brutal play against one of the liney’s on the rugby pitch, the scrummys are there to crush that person on the next play. I was a halfback in rugby, an extremely deadly position for you routinely must return punts (basically) while the opposing team is bearing down on you. I got wrecked badly once (cheap shot before my feet hit the ground (which is illegal)) and the rest of the club made that dude pay dearly next time a scrum broke out. Its part of all contact sports and I don’t think that’ll change or should.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I think back…not “make”

L’function d’edit!

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Come on Alex…we both know you would absolutely expect AP to do the same thing should he play on your team. Simply put…you protect your Pitchers (no different the a QB in football). Similarly…as a Catcher (Yadier Molina) you absolutely protect your team when it is disrespected like B. Phillips did last year. Don’t disrespect my team in an interview with the national media and then approach me like we are boys telling me “what’s up.” Take a step back…put yourself in similar shoes and (honestly) tell me you would react differently.

• Alex K - Sep 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM

cintiphil- Stay classy.

Heyward- Was Molina standing there not enough protection?

stlouis1baseball- Nope. I have no interest in the best player on my team running across the field to yell and challenge a guy on the other team. Molina was standing right between Carpenter and Morgan…if Morgan was going to do anything Molina was there.

Guys, I’m not saying Albert Pujols is a terrible person or anything. I’m also not absolving Morgan of acting like an asshole. All I’m saying is Pujols was wrong to run across the diamond and escalate the situation.

4. skipperxc - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:51 PM

It’s probably an extension of Milwaukee’s general hate for how the Cardinals do business these days re: whining about every little thing. And a perception that Pujols is TLR’s attack dog. These guys *hated* the shirt untucking that the Brewers did that was a tribute to Mike Cameron’s father — Pujols himself talked it down as “not professional” and played the “think of the children!” card (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/cardinals/2009-07-12-pujols-cover_N.htm) (the quote’s easier to find on Bleacher Report, but I wanted a legit source)

Pujols is a fantastic hitter, the best you’ll see for a long time, no question — which is all the more impressive considering that he can do all that with a stick up his bum like his manager.

Also, I for one don’t buy the argument that accomplishments make it okay. “Put up or shut up” is one thing, you know, being proud of being good and backing it up with results — but being smug about doing things “the right way” or what have you is something else and comes off as pompous in situations like this where they’re the lesser team.

• cutesports - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I agree. I don’t at all understand the argument that says since Pujols has not historically been a jerk, it excuses anything he did last night.

5. salvomania - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I was just tweeted this link by it’s [sic] author.

Wow, that sure is damning: Two years ago Pujols stared down at Prince Fielder after Pujols scored during a 9th inning rally in Milwaukee. And he not only stared at Fielder, he was smiling at him the whole time. What a big jerk that Pujols is!

• cintiphil - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

You have to remember also,k that Prince is one of Albert’s fans too. All great players feel like that, because they understand how difficult it is to play at the level of Albert and others in his league (ARod etal).

6. singingfriar - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Aside from previously maiming two Padres, there’s this: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=6262757

• singingfriar - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Not that the maiming was intentional, mind you…

7. Nick C - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Jealousy pure and simple. The fact that TLR is the Cardinals manager contributes to it as well. 11 years of Pujols kicking your team’s butt will do that to you.

8. Francisco (FC) - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM

It seems Craig manages to piss off a different fan base on a weekly basis. Par for the course. Take this Nyger Morgan and Albert Pujols business. Anyone with an ounce of sense acknowledges that Nyger has put both the jack and his ass in jackass on a consistent basis throughout his career. To try to argue that Pujols is somehow in the same league of Jackass-ness as this clown was laughable.

Nevertheless Craig felt compelled to determine this scientifically. Adjusting his bathrobe and chewing his pipe with purpose he strode to a table where a machine sat built specifically for this experiment. Quite unassuming it was basically a large rectangular box with a display and a glass fixture on top. It bore a great resemblance to many an office multi-function printer-copier.

He had two bobble head figures also on this table, one of Morgan and one of Pujols. He set the Pujols one on the machine’s surface and pressed the big tan button on the right said. The machine rumbled as a bright scanning light passed over the Pujols figure… the machine intoned: “Jackass-ness detected. Well within acceptable parameters. Margin for error less than 0.005%”. Puffing a few bubbles Craig was satisfied and removed the Pujols figure. Now he placed the Morgan one on the machine and pressed the button again. The scanning machine went through its routine again but this time the bright light stayed on the Nyger figure and it started to glow. Craig cooly picked up eye protection from his pocket and placed them on top of his specs without missing a beat. “Jackass-ness detected. Dangerous levels registered. WARNING. WARNING!” The glow briefly blinded Craig and the machine shut down.

As the light in the room returned to normal, Craig confirmed his suspicions: on his machine, what previously held a Nyger Morgan bobble-head had transmogrified into a Donkey plush doll from Shrek. Quite appropriate.

• cur68 - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

It’s like trying to read a Watchmen graphic novel, one page per day. I feel like that kid in The Princess Bride; my Unlce Columbo is telling me story. Only thing is he’s gonna take all fricken month to get the bit with Andre the Giant in it and that bit’s the best part! C’mon, FC, throw Andre in their sooner, whaddya say?

• phukyouk - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM

No more rhyming , and I mean it

• Francisco (FC) - Sep 8, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I dunno Cur, wasn’t Andre put on release waivers by San Francisco today? Or am I confusing my Giants?

• dailyrev - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:22 PM

This rant actually raises the prospect for a fascinating project, viz., define the attributes of jackassness in baseball. Set determinants of levels of jackassness and create a program to measure degree of same, viz., e.g.:

level one (low, most players exhibit these affectations):

– pointing to God/Heaven/dead person/Baseball Zeus after hitting a HR or even a single
      – flipping bat, skipping the first two strides, or standing still to admire one’s clout
      – pitcher struts grass around mound after a K

level two (moderate, not uncommon but potentially provocative):

– gesturing to one’s own dugout from on base after a hit
      – slow trot or celebratory jig with 3b coach during HR circuit
      – pitcher fist pumps/barks after a K

level three (high, sure to start a fracas or incite a beanball war or other response):

– pointing at pitcher or opposing dugout after hit or during HR trot
      – throwing wad of tobacco (yuk) at opponent
      – fastball to ribs/back/head or bow tie pitch
      – gesturing at opponent or opponent’s fans after catch, hit, etc.
      – walking to first after HBP while jawing at pitcher
      etc.
      etc.

• cleverbob - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM

level four

– being Roger Clemens

• Francisco (FC) - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM

This rant actually raises the prospect for a fascinating project

Err.. rant? you must be unfamiliar with my creative writing. It’s an attempt at a satirical piece based on Craig’s posts and reactions, part of an on-going series of short fiction. Still I support your project 100%.

9. killsw1tch - Sep 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Every (almost every) player has something you can dig up, and usually the reason it is brought up is jealousy of said player. If Dwight Freeney laid someone out that came at Manning no one would talk bad about him, and he hot dogs sacks. Its Pujols in this case and poeple are jealous that someone could be that good and drug free. (I’m not a Cards our Colts fan) I’m actually a Brewers fan because my buddy pitches for them. Go Mitch get healthy buddy.

10. pkers - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I might have missed it in all the commenting and reporting, but didn’t Nyjer unneccesarily bowl over the Cards catcher last year just before he took out Brett Hayes? Perhaps the Cards still remember both incidents?

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Couldn’t be that. I mean…it’s just another case of the Cardinals dreaming things up huh? It was witnessed by thousands of people. It didn’t happen while Washington was leading 14 – 5 either did it? Yeah…those trouble making Cardinals again huh?

11. baccards - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Jeez – over 10 years in the spotlight – many years as the best player in baseball – how many thousands of questions and interviews for Mr Pujols to participate in? And that’s all ya got to show him as a jerk?. Love him or hate him as a player – Look at his work for community and family – if you see “jerk” anywhere you must just be seeing a reflection of your inner self

12. bcopus - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I’m immediately skeptical of anyone who Beck has touched. It hasn’t happened yet, but there is a pretty good track record of high-profile do-no-wrong types having a major fall from grace. He’s human-lest we forget that. Morgan is a gnat. Pesky and harmless. Pujols could be a wolf in sheep’s clothing. We shouldn’t go out of our way to try and make him out to be anything. He could be a great guy. But, as I said, I would not at all be surprised to find out otherwise.

• hittfamily - Sep 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM

30% of the league made videos about bullying to LGBT youth, telling them “it gets better”. Meanwhile, Pujols and LaRussa attend a rally held by a man who preaches hatred. 30% of the league are role models. Larussa and Pujols are jackasses.

13. richeich - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Morgan was purely a trouble maker last night, and previously this season when he has mouthed off at the Cardinals comtinously during games hes has played against them.
    He should be disciplined by the league, and the Brewers. He is not a good idol for
    children, and major eague Baseball. Dig it Morgan. Shut your mouth.

14. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM

The Cardinals seem to be in the middle of a disproportionately large number of baseball fracases. Don’t get me wrong, Morgan is a noted dbag, as is Fielder (remember the bowling ball antics, which the whole team participated in). If Morgan is correct, Carpenter’s under-reported douche-baggery is largely responsible for this incident, and Pujols and Molina are generally all too willing to jump on the pile once it gets started.

In that respect, yes, I think Pujols gets much different treatment than guys like Morgan. Perhaps it has to do with the volume of coverage, since Pujols makes the news every day whether he goes 0-4, hits three bombs or tries to beat up a guy half his size, while we only hear about Morgan if he does something extraordinary, good or bad, but usually bad. Morgan therefore has a much higher percentage of his news coverage filled with stories like this one, so to the casual observer he is a bigger azz howl (morgan’s spelling, not mine)

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Your making excuses.

15. uberfatty - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM

To piggyback on the 2006 thing (which to me isn’t a big deal at all), I recall him taking the exact opposite position a couple years later in 2008 when he thought he should be MVP. Maybe my memory serves me wrong, I don’t feel like looking the exact details and confirming right now. Need to get home for the NFL game!

16. mojosmagic - Sep 8, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Morgan is a trouble maker with a big mouth. I like how he plays the game but he is a first class jerk. That is why he has moved around so much and it will be his eventual down fall.

• kinggw - Sep 8, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Not really. He didnt get the reputation for being a jerk until last season because he took out a catcher. He left Pittsburgh because of some guy named McCutchen who is pretty good. He was traded to the Brewers because he was a horrible leadoff hitter for the Nats. He may be a character but I wouldnt call him a jerk, I would save that moniker for someone like Logan Morrison who is clearly deserving.

17. wardmanone - Sep 8, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Morgan has issues and he has outworn his welcome everywhere he has played, grows old do not compare ones behavior with the other for justification. Plush should change to Punk.

18. derekjetersmansion - Sep 8, 2011 at 8:39 PM

He’s a phony. But not that much more of a phony then most pro athletes.

• hcf95688 - Sep 8, 2011 at 9:53 PM

…but a real as can be compared to Brian Wilson.

• derekjetersmansion - Sep 8, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Pujols isn’t a sociopath like Wilson.

19. schmedley69 - Sep 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM

If Pujols played in a bigger market we would probably hear more stories about his jerk side.

• cintiphil - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM

How big a market do you need when you draw over 3 million a year for so many years? We have tried to copy that in Cinti, but to no avail. I wish we had the market the Cards do.

20. wardmanone - Sep 8, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Bigger TV Market what does that to do with it everything is recorded so that doesn’t wash. BTW he might be better person then player and btw he might go down as one best ever check the stats and get out of your basement

21. wardmanone - Sep 8, 2011 at 10:04 PM

someone needs to gain a little perspective role models and baseball really Do a little more research be a bit more informed and don’t believe everything you read off the internet.

22. liquidgrammar - Sep 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Not to mention that Nyjer Morgan is the biggest asshole to play baseball since Barry Bonds!! And, let’s be honest, he’s a shit player!! Dime a dozen guy, if there ever was one!!! I liked him when he first started playing in Washington, but you realize pretty quickly what a douchebag he is!! Pujols should have shoved a bat up his ass!!!!

23. Chris Fiorentino - Sep 8, 2011 at 10:25 PM

So last year, the Reds kicked their asses and the Cardinals did nothing but whine and cry and start trouble. Now this year, the Brewers are kicking their asses and the Cardinals are doing nothing but crying and whining and starting trouble.

Maybe next year, the Pirates will be the next team to kick their asses and let’s see if they again whine and cry and start trouble.

• mvd513 - Sep 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM

This.

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM

You can’t be serious Chris. In previous correspondence…you seemed very sensible. The Cardinals starting trouble? How so? Do you think just maybe (the Brewers and Redlegs) might have an inferiority complex due to them being the Cardinals Central Division whipping boys over the last several years? And I mean that with all sincerity. Putting myself in their shoes…I can see where I would be tired of the Cardinals routinely taking me to the Wood Shed.
      What exactly did the Cardinals do to start trouble during the Nyjer’s/Thug’s latest implosion?
      Do you think he might just be instigating things with his fake throw to the stands after catching the 3rd out the last time he was in St. Louis? Do you think him pounding his chest after making a flat footed catch in CF might be asking for trouble? Do you think him pounding his chest after reaching second base might be asking for trouble? Do you think dropping an F-bomb on Carp and calling him a p***y while throwing his chew might be asking for trouble? Yeah…it’s those darn Cardinals always starting trouble. Laughable.

• cutesports - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Don’t you think that the Cardinals also have a superiority complex? They’ve had the Brewers in this nice little “loser” box for 25 years. Now the Brewers are “upstart” and winning and the Cardinals aren’t happy about it. I feel like they think the Brewers should have like, gotten permission, or kissed their ring or something first. The Brewers are acting like they belong at the top of the division and suddenly there’s taunts about Braun being cocky or Prince being a hothead. The Cardinals have lost a lot of ground since the 2006 World Series and are having some complexes of their own about it.

The NL Central has ONE win in the postseason over the past 5 years. It belongs to the Brewers.

Additionally, Carpenter has admitted he told Nyjer to F*&^ Off after he struck him out. Suddenly your high horse doesn’t have the best view, does it? I mean, Carpenter has a history of being a hot head himself, so it was probably pretty irresponsible to jump to the conclusion that he was innocent in the whole exchange. Morgan and Carpenter have been barking at each other all season – both have blame to share.

• The Baseball Idiot - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Cardinals = Phillies fans

24. A.J. - Sep 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Pujols, on the scout who signed him, who the Cards let go in 2006:

“He said I wasn’t going to make the big leagues. That’s why he got fired.”

“How can you draft a guy and say you don’t know if he’s going to make the big leagues? All of a sudden, the next year (I’m) in the big leagues, and he wants to take all the credit.”

Pretty jerk move. I don’t think Pujols is extraordinarily jerky, but I think this is one of several instances of him saying screw you to anyone who ever rated him anything less than a superstar.

I think he’s got the Michael Jordan attitude, of being driven to be the best and prove everyone wrong who he feels slighted his ability, and I think that like MJ, that carries over to the way he handles perceived disrespect. Ex. Michael Jordan’s Hall of Fame induction “Airing of Grievances.”

Doesn’t make him a terrible person, but it’s not exactly classy, especially when the person you are telling to F off is a guy who 1. believed in you enough to have the team draft you before any other team, and 2. after 20 years of devoted service to your team was fired and has to work at Wal-Mart.

• The Baseball Idiot - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

That doesn’t make him a jerk. That makes him driven.

Big difference.

Bruce Springsteen is exactly the same. No one complains about him.

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM

You defend him in this post yet compare his entire team to Philly fans in another. Interesting.

• A.J. - Sep 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Really, it isn’t totally jerky to have no compassion whatsoever for this man just because he feels like the guy (who was merely doing his job) slighted him?

Particularly when the supposed slight shows such a complete and total arrogance and general misunderstanding of the system. This guy did nothing to him, he believed in Pujols more than 29 other teams’ scouts, he has done nothing but root for Pujols his entire career, and he can express nothing but happiness that the guy lost his job. It’s childish.

It’s messed up that what would be dickish for a player who is merely solid is called being “driven” for a star.

Like I said, it doesn’t prove he’s a bad guy, and maybe he’s grown up in the last 5 years, but its not unprecedented for him to overreact to perceived disrespect.

25. mvd513 - Sep 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I dont know how this is even a question. He has created or involved himself in every bit of Cardinals drama for the last 3 years, the Morgan event included and dating back to at least the John Smoltz/Chris Carpenter/Tony LaRussa slippery baseball crap. I won’t dis him for supporting his teammates but that still puts him on the jerk side of these situations. Granted, most everything is LaRussa’s and/or Carpenter’s fault, but Pujols usually backs them entirely. I really dont get why everyone is blaming Morgan and not Carpenter for this specific even in the first place.

• cintiphil - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM

No one really knows what went on with these guys during this game or the last time Carpenter pitched. You can’t look at the events during this game only, but the last game. However what was the banter during the first 8 innings? did someone say something to Carpenter at the end of the last game he pitched. There is carryover in this game, and the players have a long memory. I can tell by the comments in this talk, that most of you guts never played this game at a level higher than sand lot. The game at this level is the players entire life for good or bad. That is why the tensions are so high. Learn something about the Bigs before you comment. I personally think that his stuff make the game very interesting and worth watching.

• stlouis1baseball - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Yeah cause’ you don’t protect your Pitcher do you? A Lineman doesn’t protect his QB does he? Be honest Man. You better expect your teammates to have your back. “Pujols usually backs them entirely.” Now that’s a newsflash. Wow.

Does anyone want to win the NL wild card?
  1. M. Cuddyer (2859)