Sep 8, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
ESPN’s Jim Caple writes one of these every year, so he’s kind of running out of original ideas, but it’s always good to be reminded of any reasons — even the weaker ones — why baseball beats the crap out of football, so I link it with approval.
To be honest, though, whenever I’m presented with the question, I adopt the reasoning of David Mamet who, in the movie “Heist,” wrote the line “Everybody needs money. That’s why they call it money.” It’s baseball, people. That other thing is football. What more needs to be said?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)