Sep 8, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
ESPN’s Jim Caple writes one of these every year, so he’s kind of running out of original ideas, but it’s always good to be reminded of any reasons — even the weaker ones — why baseball beats the crap out of football, so I link it with approval.
To be honest, though, whenever I’m presented with the question, I adopt the reasoning of David Mamet who, in the movie “Heist,” wrote the line “Everybody needs money. That’s why they call it money.” It’s baseball, people. That other thing is football. What more needs to be said?
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 0
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 86
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 71
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)