Sep 8, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
ESPN’s Jim Caple writes one of these every year, so he’s kind of running out of original ideas, but it’s always good to be reminded of any reasons — even the weaker ones — why baseball beats the crap out of football, so I link it with approval.
To be honest, though, whenever I’m presented with the question, I adopt the reasoning of David Mamet who, in the movie “Heist,” wrote the line “Everybody needs money. That’s why they call it money.” It’s baseball, people. That other thing is football. What more needs to be said?
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)