Sep 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Remember Jose Rijo? His nasty, nasty stuff? Those great years with the Reds? Yeah, that was a long time ago.
The Justice Ministry’s Anti-laundering Unit on Monday raided the Las Galeras Hotel in northeastern Samaná, owned by former Cincinnati Reds star pitcher Jose Rijo, in search of evidence against his associate, Matias Avelino Castro, accused of murdering the journalist Jose Silvestre, in La Romana.
I’m not daring to equate Jim Bowden and some hotel co-owning alleged murderer. But I am saying that maybe Rijo should reevaluate the people with whom he chooses to do business.
(link via Chris Needham)
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)