Sep 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Remember Jose Rijo? His nasty, nasty stuff? Those great years with the Reds? Yeah, that was a long time ago.
The Justice Ministry’s Anti-laundering Unit on Monday raided the Las Galeras Hotel in northeastern Samaná, owned by former Cincinnati Reds star pitcher Jose Rijo, in search of evidence against his associate, Matias Avelino Castro, accused of murdering the journalist Jose Silvestre, in La Romana.
I’m not daring to equate Jim Bowden and some hotel co-owning alleged murderer. But I am saying that maybe Rijo should reevaluate the people with whom he chooses to do business.
(link via Chris Needham)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)