Report: Chuck LaMar quit because he questioned the Phillies’ commitment to player development

Sep 9, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT

Phillies Logo

Bill Conlin prefaces all of this by saying that it’s just what he’s hearing, not necessarily the God’s Honest Truth, but he tells a story in the Philadelphia Daily News today about why Chuck LaMar resigned as the Phillies’ assistant general manager. A story — with “quotes” that appear to be paraphrasing, not things actually said — suggesting that LaMar was dissatisfied with the resources the Phillies were committing to the draft and to player development and his belief that “the well was running dry” in terms of young talent in the system.

Again, that “well is running dry” quote is a Conlin paraphrase from what I can tell.  Also in the paraphrase: LaMar’s belief that even the Pirates and Nationals are doing far more to develop young talent than Philly is.  It seems, according to Conlin anyway, that LaMar thinks — dare I say it — the future is murky at best. He wants to spend more money on prospects and draft picks and the Phillies, it is implied, are telling him no.

To which I give a skeptical “hurm.”  There are multiple sides to every story. This is one potential side. A side which, it should be noted, makes LaMar come off as the most responsible guy around who is only looking out for Philly’s future. Which, if you’re LaMar, is exactly how you’d want to come off in this situation. Indeed, if he had a P.R. agent, it’s exactly how the release could have been couched.  Which isn’t to say it’s bull — perhaps there is a core of truth to it — it’s only to say “be very wary of taking any story which paints someone as a selfless hero at face value.”

The success cycle is a real thing. Teams who have been at the top of it for a while like the Phillies have been are naturally going to have a more fallow farm system than teams who are building. Trading prospects and drafting late in rounds — even missing out on early round picks because of free agent signings — is part of the deal. The Phillies are clearly experiencing that just as every other championship-caliber team has done before them.

Perhaps that made Chuck LaMar’s job harder. Perhaps it even lends some truth to what Conlin is writing in this column. But it seems more than a little overblown to me, and I suspect that the story is way more complicated than all of that. Because nothing is that freaking simple.

1. kellyb9 - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM

“He wants to spend more money on prospects and draft picks and the Phillies, it is implied, are telling him no.”
    Prospects and draft picks don’t win you a World Series now. Unfortunantly, it sounds like LaMar is out of sync with what’s going on in the big league club. That seems like a fairly easy way to find yourself out of a job.

• natstowngreg - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Agreed. LaMar would be better off with a team that’s building.

Clearly, the Phillies are in the mode of winning while thir core players still can. It’s already gotten them one championship, and may get them more. Down the road, when the team is rebuilding and the front-runners stop showing up, the organization and fans will have all that winning to remember. Which ain’t bad.

2. halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Hahahahahah!! Maybe he quit becaue he saw the Phillies future was “murky at best”. Right, Rany?

3. Clinton Manitoba - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM

LaMar knew too much about the ped/drugs and wanted to get out before it got ugly.
    6 positives in one season (so far). He knows where its going.

4. halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Craig, as a side note, Bill Conlin in the city of Philadelphia is known as a baseball god. I assume you are familiar with some of his articles that he wrote throughout the years. This guy knows baseball and it has been such a pleasure to read him since I was maybe 7 years old. He was elected this year into the Baseball Hall of Fame, and deservingly so. What a great writer!!! Philadelphia treasures this guy.

• natstowngreg - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM

To be honest, i’d forgotten about Conlin, and am surprised he isn’t in the Hall of Fame already.

I remember him writing for The Sporting News in the 60s and 70s, back when that was the only national source of baseball news (though it was a couple weeks out of date). Before Sports Weekly, much less the Internet. He was also a regular on Dick Schaap’s original Sports Reporters on ESPN.

• natstowngreg - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:26 AM

That should be “wasn’t” in the HOF already.

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Point of fact: Conlin was not elected to the Hall of Fame. He was given the J.G. Taylor Spink Award for his lifetime achievement, and his name goes on a plaque in the Hall’s library. It’s a nice honor, though. Conlin was, once, a legitimately great beat reporter and almost certainly deserves this recognition.

In recent years, however, he’s become a cranky, crotchedy, and crazy old man who says kooky things, like the only good thing he could say about Hitler is that he would kill all the bloggers, tells maybe, kinda, sorta racist jokes on the air, and generally made a fool of himself. He’s kind of like Murray Chass with a real job. It’s a shame. I would have loved to read more of him in his prime.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM

With those comments, you show further that you are not one to practice what you preach as a commenter. Calling Conlin racist? Are you kidding me? You are a loser that should stick to you’re own blog. What’s that again? douchadvantage.com?

• Jonny 5 - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Thank you for saving me the trouble TCM. Bill hasn’t been writing anything worthwhile reading for a looong time now. I’m not even sure he should get the Spink award honestly. I think he gave up trying to be a good writer a while back.

• Jonny 5 - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Sorry Biceps. I don’t know about the “racist comments” I just know he hasn’t been much of a writer lately.

• mox19380 - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM

not every writer is as passionate and talented as George Will… But i agree Conlin like Angelo Cataldi has eschewed good writing rather leaning on their illustrious pasts to continue their career in the present

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I didn’t call him a racist, ‘cepts. I said he told a joke on the air at was probably racist in nature. He was suspended for it, and the station apologized for it. There’s a huge difference there that should be readily apparent to someone with your nimble mind and lightning-quick wit.

Doucheadvantage.com was taken, I’m afraid. Obviously, it was our first choice.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Jonny,

This is the point with the common man, who has berated me. He first trashes the city of Philadelphia with his comments on being an unattractive city and now he calls Bill Conlin, a HOF writer, a racist without any proof.

Bill Conlin is a complicated writer to understand. I have been reading him for over 30 years. He’s great still to this day, in my opinion.

This blogger, the “Common Man” is trying to equate his little blogging career to a writer/reporter that fly to games throughout the county, is paid to do so, interviews players, managers, GMs, etc. That’s pretty pathetic to compare what Conlin has done for a half of a century to a fricking blog. Reread his post and tell me I’m wrong.

• seanmk - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:12 AM

he didn’t call him a racist. you’re reaching with that. and the common man hate every city but his own(and possibly might even hate that as well). you’re reaching bicepts

• spindervish - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM

You’re wrong. As usual.

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Oh ‘cepts,

First, I find your city quite attractive. Beautiful even. Most of the people too, including my lovely wife, who was born and raised in Darby.

I am not equating my “career,” such as it is, with Conlin’s. His is much more illustrious, and as I said, deservedly so. He was once a gifted reporter.

And his potentially racist comment is part of the public record. It happened in June of 2008 on Daily Sports Live, when Conlin was responding to an emailer named “Raul” and Conlin said it was “surprising that guy would leave the blueberry harvest to send that off.” Conlin was suspended the next day. Those are the facts as I know them, because that’s how they’ve been reported elsewhere, dutifully cataloged across the Internet. Again, I’m not saying he’s a racist person, I’m saying that he said something that was interpreted by many listeners as racist. Big difference.

• uberfatty - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I have never read anything that Conlin has written, so I think his opinion here is that of a clowna dn moron. Cepts, are you related to Mr. Conlin? Such blatant nepotism is trying to defend someone that I have never heard of.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Yeah, Common Man, I remember that. It’s laughable that people would take offense to the Raul and the blueberry harvest comment, just like me calling Cowboy Joe West Cowgirl Joe West. Of course you called me a sexist with that comment (don’t say you didn’t), so with that line of reasoning, Bill Conline must be a racist because he made a joke.

You profess to be above the fray. So, act like it.

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Here ‘cepts, this might help:

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

No ‘cepts. You’re wrong. I said that that thing you said, about how calling someone a girl is some kind of an insult, is a sexist thing to say. Is it not? Can you explain to me how it is not?

And I profess to be above nothing. Indeed, there is little that I’m actually above. I love the fray. But not The Fray, cuz that band is weak, yo. I do, however, love Fray, the graphic novel by Joss Whedon. So, yeah, for the most part me and the fray are good.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

uberfatty,

Here’s the difference between Bill Conlin and that Rany fellow that’s a Royals fan that has his own blog. 1). Bill Conlin is a professional baseball writer that has covered baseball for over 50 years and is a true reporter that talks to players, managers, GMs on a daily basis. 2). Bill Conlin was just put into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Let’s see a blogger accomplish that!

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

And again, you’re wrong. Getting back to my original point, Bill Conlin was not put into the Hall of Fame. He won an award. Which is a nice honor. Which he deserved. But he is not “in” the Hall of Fame, nor is he a “Hall of Famer” because writers are not “in” the Hall of Fame.

And you’re wrong about Rany too, who is paid to write articles. Hence, he is a professional sportswriter.

Is there anything else you’d like to be wrong about? What shape is the Earth, ‘cepts? Why is the sky blue?

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Common Man,

I watched about 10 seconds of your youtube post and it tells me nothing, except watching a guy do his little shouting, scream and pontificate. If you are going to get into the race debate, you are talking to the wrong guy. Keep that shit to yourself. I talk baseball. I don’t get into the race crap that you are trying to start.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Commom Man,

You are so dumb. Any writer that is “put” into the National Baseball Hall of Fame is a Hall of Famer and are referred to as such. If they are introduced in any way in the media or in plubic, they are introduced as a “Hall of Fame writer.” You are clueless.

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I’m not trying to start any “race thing” ‘cepts. If you’d kept watching (I should’ve realized you have zero attention span for anything that doesn’t involve a cartoon rabbit), you’d have noticed that he’s not talking about “race,” and also that JSmooth neither shouts nor screams.

He’s talking about the difference between saying someone said a racist or sexist or homophobic thing, and saying that they are a racist, sexist, or homophobe. Because we should spend time talking about what people did, not who they are. For instance, I said that you said a sexist thing. And you still haven’t told me why I’m wrong.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Common Man,

I give up with you. I really do. You are so different from my line of thinking, it’s ridiculous. We cannot continue along this path of conversation. I don’t know what your agenda is, but I do not want any part of it. Take care.

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Oh ‘cepts. The following is taken from the Hall of Fame’s very own website,

“Each award recipient (not to be confused with an inductee) is presented with a certificate during Hall of Fame Weekend and is recognized in the “Scribes & Mikemen” exhibit in the Library of the National Baseball Hall of Fame.” (http://baseballhall.org/museum/awards/j-g-taylor-spink)

Note the “not to be confused with an inductee” part there. So…yeah…I don’t know how many other ways I can continue to prove you wrong, ‘cepts, but I’m enjoying the challenge.

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Well, one of us is ridiculous anyway. Take care, yourself. Try not to fall down any open manholes or eat lead-paint chips.

• jeffro33 - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Unofficial scorecard reads Common Man as the winner of this debate, and receives the Master of Common Sense and Delivery award.

And the consolation prize, awarded to Biceps on the merits of never forgetting any slights that come his way, as well as continuing to harp against fact until exhaustion, is the iconic Napoleon Inferiority Complex award…

These awards, while prestigious in nature, unfortunately will also not be recognized as being inducted into any Hall of Fame.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:18 PM

jeffro33,

You must be another loser that loves the Common Man. Doesn’t matter what he says incorrectly about anything to you? You just follow him and what he says is gospel. Just like a writer that is awarded/voted/inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame is not a Hall of Famer?

What a bunch of jokers you are. Keep on pulling for the bloggers that write their crap on sites and degrade a man that has covered baseball before you or I were born.

• jeffro33 - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Actually, no. This is the first time I have ever commented on anything that he has written. I am an avid Phillie fan who was interested in this article and stumbled upon your foolish debate (emphasis on you).

The fact that I don’t smatter my feelings all over the net is because I work. I am a Man who earns a living ahead of chasing down those who throw the smallest negativity in my direction.

You’ve represented yourself as a well-spoken person who clearly overreacts to the smallest slander. Sounds quite insecure over there…?

There is no degradation of Conlin here, other than I feel that he has gone a little batty over the past couple of years. However, I agree with TCM on his basis of what constitutes a Hall of Famer. Other than that, I ask you- Do you consider Mitch Williams to be a Hall of Famer because his 4:40 am bat is in the Hall of Fame?

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Yep. Just me and that pesky Baseball Hall of Fame, deciding who’s actually in said Hall of Fame. Neither one of us will give in to your assertion that Bill Conlin is in the Hall of Fame and is a Hall of Famer and your clearly articulated argument as to why that you apparently forgot to make. We’re stubborn like that.

• spindervish - Sep 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Seems you have a pretty low bar for “well-spoken” there jeffro.

• cup0pizza - Sep 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM

lulz halladayssacklicker gets pwned yet again. Idiot.

• The Common Man - Sep 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Wow, are you not even the least bit helpful, cup0pizza.

5. mox19380 - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I mean Lamarr isn’t wrong in his analysis. The Phillies have dried the minor league well over the past few years… and yet seem to consistent find players (Worley, Brown, Mayberry, etc) who can contribute as well as players other teams are interested in trading quality veteran talent for.

Of course the Nats and Pirates do more to develop the farm system because they allocate more money towrads that then paying for Major League talent. It’s all about how you choose to allocate funds in the beginning of the season. You really can’t have it both ways.

Conlin’s article is rather innocuous in my opinion as Lamarr’s feeling is what any scouting director should feel when he consistently sees quality players being shipped out for reay made ML talent

• Francisco (FC) - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Well the Nats and Pirates would be fools not to. In recent years they’ve been among the first 3 or 4 teams to draft first round players. It would be beyond stupid to not allocate the money that will give your team a chance to become a contending team in 4 or 5 years. And well, it’s still a crapshoot sometimes with these highly touted prospects. Obviously the Nats have scored big with Strasburg and Harper and once both of them are regular contributors I easily can see them making a serious run at the post-season.

• mox19380 - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I certainly wasn’t saying that the Nats and Pirates were fools for doing what they do… I was simply pointing out varying styles of managing a club…. Lamarr has to defend his position as scouting director and RAJ’s job is to make sure the major league club contends every year to justify rising ticket prices to the fans that have sold out the park 194 straight games

• jeffro33 - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM

A few random thoughts from this:

– It feels like Lamar wants his hat in the ring for the Cubs GM job. The ‘quotes’ listed in Conlin’s story are almost tailor-made for what CHI is rumored to be looking for.

– The Pirates have no choice but to spend more on the farm. They’ve drafted in the top half of the first round, many picks #1 – #5 overall, for the last 18 years and outside of McCutchen and Walker they have almost nothing to show for it. They have been atrocious for far too long given their draft positions and with their new ballpark generating $ it has to go somewhere.

– The Nats could not have been more fortunate picking #1 overall the years that they did. Cornerstones like Strasburg and Harper come along once a decade and the Nats struck gold twice. With their future seen as a light in the tunnel that is fast approaching, they are making sure that other pieces are ready to surround them and haven’t been shy in spending money.

• mikedi33 - Sep 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Common sense says that the Pirates and Nats would have to spend more than the Phillies since they are drafting so high. If the Phils had the chance to sign Strasburg or Harper, they would had to have spent more money. Even Bill Conlin points this out inthe article when he says in 2001 the Phils gave $4.2 mil just to Gavin Floyd and this years draft they only spent $5 mil total. That being said they keep coming up with decent players Worley Stutes, Bastardo have all contributed greatly. Also the Phils have to be the best team in picking rule 5 players. The phils have 3 rule 5 players on their 25 man roster and I doubt any other team can claim that.

6. phillyphever - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I don’t blame him for this. He’s better suited for a team that’s rebuilding (note to Rickets, maybe you should hire this guy) than a team that’s focused on winning now. Best of luck LaMarr

• Alex K - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Just not as the GM.

7. Kevin S. - Sep 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I can understand being frustrated by the amount of money a team with Philly’s resources commits to the draft, but they’ve had a lot of success identifying cetain types of prospects and developing the hell out of them.

Also, Conlin is a complete crank these days. I don’t know what he was like back in the day, but he’s not worth reading now.

8. bleedgreen - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Once again, though, why wouldn’t you wait another month to try and get your ring, some credit, and use that as leverage in to a new position with a building team?

• mox19380 - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

he’ll still get a ring if… IF… the phillies win. Everyone gets a ring, remember Adam Eaton who pitched for 2 months in ’08 got a ring

• aaronmoreno - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Not with the Cubs looking to hire soon.

9. stevejeltzjehricurl - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Conlin was definitely a decent writer years ago, at least by the standards of what passed for decent baseball writing at the time. I grew up reading him in my early years with the Daily News, before the Inquirer became a staple in my household. Philly actually had a decent stable of writers in Conlin, Pascarelli, and especially Jayson Stark.

Now? I think Conlin’s like a lot of the old-school writers tryiong to adjust in a new world where their conventional wisdom is constantly questioned by people with much easier access to information. The comment people assert was racist that he made (I would classify it as exceedingly insensitive, not racist, but them’s semantics) and his dumb Hitler analogy, which bicepts and Common Man were debating, remind me of things my friend’s grandfathers would say. There’s not hate in their hearts so much as a failure to adjust their personal compasses to what’s considered acceptable in society today. It’s a lack of a filter and a failure to understand that things that used to get said in the heat of a moment in a hotel bar to someone you regard as a loudmouth fan live on forever when they’re said on-air or via email.

As to his writing, Conlin typically peppered a pretty good stream of inside information (the man had or perhaps still has a good number of decent sources) with pithy one-liners or references to things that made him sound like more than just a simple baseball writer. I always considered him a cross between Cliff Clavan and Norm Peterson — a wise guy who liked to show off how smart he was.

Nowadays, those guys are a dime a dozen — the Internet has allowed us to get terrific writing and analysis on baseball from any number of sources, including this one. There’s also a lot of bad writing out there, but I think the competition has forced everyone to raise their game. Conlin, sadly, has not really raised his game on the analytical side, but perhaps that’s to be expected.

As to this column? My guess is that LaMar is the source. I probably agree with him that the team needs to devote more resources to the farm system (I’m stunned that Conlin didn’t draw a reference to the team’s annihilation of its farm system and corresponding underinvestment back in the early 1980’s after Dallas Green left), but I’m also cool with the Ninja’s decision to go all-in in 2008-2011 (and probably next year). Five straight division titles (and several +.500 seasons prior to that) are historically unprecedented by Phillies standards. If that leads to some down years, we’ll have to deal with it then.

And as an aside… how many of the prospects that were dealt away have come back to bite us so far? Granted, they’re prospects, so there’s time for them to emerge (particularly in the cases of some of the guys dealt away in the Pence deal), but the ones who have made the bigs so far have yet to set the world on fire.

From the Cliff Lee deal: Carrasco is a decent pitcher but is heading for Tommy John surgery. Marson is a backup catcher with a .600 OPS. Donald is a utility infielder.

From the Halladay deal: Drabek has a 5.70 ERA and a 1.79 WHIP; he’s only 23, but it’s fair to think that two Cy Young caliber seasons from Halladay, plus more, was worth it. Michael Taylor just made it to the bigs for the first time this September and turns 26 before next year.

From the Lidge deal (which was tecnically Gillick’s): I have no idea what happened to Costanzo. Bourn is a terrific player and a bona fide star, but the Phils picked Victorino to play center and got a decent return for Bourn.

From the Oswalt deal: J.A. Happ is now a cautionary tale for whomever tries to obtain Vance Worley next season. Gose was dealt for Brett Wallace, who has hardly set the world on fire; he’s still young and one season is not a huge sample size, but I doubt the Blue Jays regret that side deal.

There are guys still in the minors who could haunt the Phillies from all these deals: D’Arnaud and Gose with the Jays, Knapp with the Indians, Villar and the four guys the Astros got for Pence in Houston. Add in Taylor (maybe) and Drabek for their continuing upside possibilities. Many of these guys will be big league contributors in 2014 when the Phils will be, as Rany Jazaeryli predicted (probably accurately), struggling to reach the heights of today. But in the long run, we’re all dead. I’ll take the 2008 title and the last five seasons if the tradeoff is a few years of struggling.

10. jeffro33 - Sep 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM

If Chuck Lamar went on a rant that suggested that Ruben Amaro did not shop Cliff Lee prior to 2010 and thus got nowhere near the amount of talent that SEA landed for 1/2 the time, then I would agree wholeheartedly.

But this column sounds self-serving. There was nowhere for Lamar to advance in Philly, and if Lamar wants to be a GM again it wasn’t gonna be here. Why not paint a pretty picture of yourself if this were the case?

• mox19380 - Sep 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM

A thumbs up wasn’t good enough. I had to say… I agree 100%. Conlin knew he’d get some reads by presenting a critical point of view of the Phillies management

11. macjacmccoy - Sep 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Sounds like a quiter to me. Remember about 4-5 years ago the Phillies had a pretty deep farm system but then they traded those players away to get Lohse,Blanton,Lidge,Lee,Hallday, and Oswalt. Then their system was pretty poor. But this year before the Pence trade they had a top ten farm system again. Im not sure but I think they were ranked 5th. So what is Lamar talking about? How did the Phillies acquire so much veteran talent over the last four years and still build a respectable farm system if they werent committed to developing players?

I dont believe what he is claiming is even half of the truth. I think he got over ruled on something and is throwing a hissy fit about it. He probably was against the Pence trade bc he had a hard on for either Cozart or Singleton. And because he didnt get his way he went on and quit.

• bluntphil - Jun 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Hey moron, he quit after 2008. The horribly mistaken Pence trade was made in 2011.

Nice theory though, next time try knowing a little bit about what you are talking about though.

• bluntphil - Jun 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Sorry, I was thinking about Arubkle who quit in 2008 when he lost out on the GM job to Amaro.

Regardless, if Lamar quit because of his view on the Pence trade, it just shows that he was right. That was the WORST trade in Amaro’s tenure by far. Pence added nothing that the team actually needed, the team still lost in the first round of the playoffs, and we looted the farm system for all of it. This will go down as just as bad of a trade as when Montreal sent Lee, Phillips and Seizemore to Cleveland for Bartolo Colon.

12. schmedley69 - Sep 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Conlin lives in Florida now and is no longer dialed in with the team like he used to be.

13. raysfan1 - Sep 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Lamarr was upset about a lack of emphasis on player development? The same Chuck Lamarr who “developed” the Devil Rays? Really?

14. bluntphil - Jun 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

It is now 2013, and most of these comments make me laugh. This place reminds me of the dot.com bubble days, the good times will always keep rolling, the music will never stop…….

Well, it did. Those of you who scoffed at the idea of preparing for tomorrow, enjoy the Ben Revere’s and Delmon Young’s of the world.

Bo Porter just first casualty around MLB