Revenge of the meats: Pete Orr gets pummeled by a polish sausage

Sep 9, 2011, 11:05 PM EST

Pete Orr

24 hours after Jeremy Affeldt tangled with a frozen hamburger party and lost, Phillies reserve Pete Orr was nearly decapitated by The Polish Sausage in Friday’s sausage race at Miller Park.

Delcotimes.com has the video:

Apparently, he had money on the hot dog tonight.

1. halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Pete Orr was hot tonight at the plate. He went 3 for 4, so I can see why one of the Brew Crew mascots would want to try and take him out, since the Brewers can’t win on the field fairly against the Phillies.

Phillies take the first 2 of this 4 game series, 5-3. I’m still calling for a sweep. Sweep sweep!!!

• cur68 - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Well HB, that sausage looked to be innocently minding its business, running along. Orr looked like he was the one instigating contact. Not sure what this say’s about your boy Pete, & I try not to judge, but it looked to me like the sausage wanted no part of Pete. Burn, man. Maybe he should have had his agent call the sausage’s agent? Would have been less ‘public’ that wa . . . oh, wait . . . maybe Hunter Pence should have made the approach for him; Hunter has experience.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Hey, Cur. What’s up? Our boy Roy was great tonight as always. He pitched with his normal robotic, pissed off attitude as always. I swear, watching him pitch is an honor everytime I see him. The guy always battles and gives you all he’s got. He’s everything you could ask out of a pitcher, and more. I’ll take the Holy One to battle any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

• cur68 - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Evenin’ HB. Just back from a BBQ and feelin’ no pain. Had no idea Harry LeRoy III was going tonight, but not surprised he did and essentially handed the Brewers their collective arses, Polish Sausage notwithstanding.

Well, this win moves the fine City of Philly one step closer to Fiorentino not having to streak. Since I mean our friend Chris and not his cousin Linda (more’s the pity) this is a really good thing. When your boys get to 100 wins we can all collectively exhale in relief.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I hear you, Cur. Coming back from a BBQ full with a few adult beverages is always a good thing, even if you are full. It’s always fun. The girlfriend is working an overnight shift and I have the castle to myself. I am living large right now with a case of beer and listening to sports talk radio, hearing the accolades of one Phillies team, who seems to be unbeatable!

We have Cliff Lee going tomorrow. It’s laughable that anyone gave any team in the NL a chance against the Phillies.

• cur68 - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Clifton Phifer gets to be the thorn in the side of the Brewers tomorrow, eh? Cool. I’m expecting a shut out for Clifton Phifer. If so, then I’ll back him for the Cy Young.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM

cur,

That’s the thing about this CY Young award race. You know that Halladay is my boy. But, in the same respect, I have to look at it objectively. Lee has 6 shutouts this year, which is ridiculous, and has comparable stats compared to Kershaw and Halladay. So, right now, Lee is my choice. Each starter should have 3 or 4 more starts before the end of the season. We’ll see what happens. A bad start by anyone of them could cost them the award.

2. bobulated - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Pete said afterwards he hasn’t dodged that much sausage since he went to one of Halladysbiceps’ basement dance parties.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 9, 2011 at 11:59 PM

LOL!!!!!!!

3. vicksprman - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Ceps, I commented on a previous thread about the Pirate kid who played that out into a homer, again this is all the tape anyone needs to see to know Joe West and MLB made the wrong call in the Marlins, Phillies game.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I’m not familiar with the Pirate homerun/Joe West issue. When did this happen? Do you have a video link?

Yeah, though, Joe West is crap. Guy should not have a job in MLB.

4. vicksprman - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:48 AM

no a kid on the Pirates had a fly ball pop out of his glove and over the fence tonight. What I meant was you can never assume a ball is going to be caught and that play proves it.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Absolutely. You never know. The whole Joe West Phillies/Marlins fiasco was he shouldn’t have reviewed the play to begin with. He usurped the rules for his own selfish reasons. I’ll be honest, though. I’m tired of taking about West and that play. The Phillies are giving it to the rest of the NL right now. They show who they are as a team everytime they beat up on teams and will continue to do so. That’s all I care about.

5. kiwicricket - Sep 10, 2011 at 1:07 AM

“Revenge of the meats: Pete Orr gets pummeled by a polish sausage”

What sort of ‘movies’ have you been watching Matthew???….

6. vicksprman - Sep 10, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Agreed Ceps, they are rolling right now, everything is as it should be. And this is still being done with bench guys no Rollins or Utley!!!

7. dasher521 - Sep 10, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Pete Orr was trending on twitter for awhile last night. “Hard to believe, Harry!”

8. The Baseball Idiot - Sep 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Not a single Randall Siimon comment?

I’m ashamed of you guys.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. J. Kang (2815)
  2. W. Myers (2571)
  3. D. Ross (2251)
  4. C. McGehee (2161)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (2001)
  1. J. Shields (1914)