Sep 10, 2011, 4:11 PM EST
Jones fouled a ball off the ankle on Friday night and had trouble standing after the initial blow.
He stayed in the game, but the 26-year-old probably won’t be used at all on Saturday and could remain sidelined for Sunday’s series finale with Toronto.
Matt Angle is handling center field on Saturday.
Jones has hit .280/.320/.463 with 23 home runs, 80 RBI and 11 stolen bases through 139 games this season.
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants concussions to remain part of the game 0
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 13
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 24
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 28
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 64
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)