Sep 10, 2011, 4:11 PM EDT
Jones fouled a ball off the ankle on Friday night and had trouble standing after the initial blow.
He stayed in the game, but the 26-year-old probably won’t be used at all on Saturday and could remain sidelined for Sunday’s series finale with Toronto.
Matt Angle is handling center field on Saturday.
Jones has hit .280/.320/.463 with 23 home runs, 80 RBI and 11 stolen bases through 139 games this season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)