Sep 10, 2011, 4:11 PM EDT
Jones fouled a ball off the ankle on Friday night and had trouble standing after the initial blow.
He stayed in the game, but the 26-year-old probably won’t be used at all on Saturday and could remain sidelined for Sunday’s series finale with Toronto.
Matt Angle is handling center field on Saturday.
Jones has hit .280/.320/.463 with 23 home runs, 80 RBI and 11 stolen bases through 139 games this season.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)