Sep 10, 2011, 6:52 PM EDT
A-Rod won’t play for the next 3-4 days, but he should be ready to rock by the middle of next week.
The Yankees, sitting pretty atop the American League East standings with a 2.5-game lead, are simply playing it safe with their veteran slugger.
Rodriguez, 36, has batted .284/.367/.475 with 20 doubles, 15 home runs, four stolen bases and 56 RBI through 390 plate appearances this season for New York. He missed around six weeks earlier this year following a minor right knee procedure.
Eric Chavez drew the start at the hot corner in Saturday night’s tilt with the Angels.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)