Sep 10, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
With the Giants losing again last night — and the Dbacks winning again — San Francisco is now eight and a half back and the season is effectively over. So there’s no harm, it would seem, in letting Barry Zito pitch a little. Which, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, is exactly what is going to happen. Bruce Bochy said he would “help out anywhere” which I assume means garbage time.
I’m going to consider this the unofficial white flag of the Giants season. And, in keeping with the recent departures of Miguel Tejada and Aaron Rowand, I would not be at all surprised to see whatever action Zito has down the stretch be his last action in a Giants uniform.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)