Sep 10, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
With the Giants losing again last night — and the Dbacks winning again — San Francisco is now eight and a half back and the season is effectively over. So there’s no harm, it would seem, in letting Barry Zito pitch a little. Which, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, is exactly what is going to happen. Bruce Bochy said he would “help out anywhere” which I assume means garbage time.
I’m going to consider this the unofficial white flag of the Giants season. And, in keeping with the recent departures of Miguel Tejada and Aaron Rowand, I would not be at all surprised to see whatever action Zito has down the stretch be his last action in a Giants uniform.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (161)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)