Sep 10, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
Good news for all you tortured Phillies fans.
Utley was diagnosed with a mild concussion Wednesday after he was struck on the top of his batting helmet by an Eric O’Flaherty pitch.
He’s no longer experiencing concussion-related symptoms, but the first-place Phillies will continue to employ a precautionary strategy. Utley, despite his progress, probably won’t return to the Philadelphia starting lineup until the end of next week. He is scheduled to take another ImPACT test on Monday morning.
The 32-year-old is batting .262/.344/.441 with 10 home runs and 41 RBI through 88 games this season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?