Sep 10, 2011, 5:29 PM EST
Good news for all you tortured Phillies fans.
Utley was diagnosed with a mild concussion Wednesday after he was struck on the top of his batting helmet by an Eric O’Flaherty pitch.
He’s no longer experiencing concussion-related symptoms, but the first-place Phillies will continue to employ a precautionary strategy. Utley, despite his progress, probably won’t return to the Philadelphia starting lineup until the end of next week. He is scheduled to take another ImPACT test on Monday morning.
The 32-year-old is batting .262/.344/.441 with 10 home runs and 41 RBI through 88 games this season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 107
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 39
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (107)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)