Sep 10, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
Good news for all you tortured Phillies fans.
Utley was diagnosed with a mild concussion Wednesday after he was struck on the top of his batting helmet by an Eric O’Flaherty pitch.
He’s no longer experiencing concussion-related symptoms, but the first-place Phillies will continue to employ a precautionary strategy. Utley, despite his progress, probably won’t return to the Philadelphia starting lineup until the end of next week. He is scheduled to take another ImPACT test on Monday morning.
The 32-year-old is batting .262/.344/.441 with 10 home runs and 41 RBI through 88 games this season.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 4
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 14
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)