Sep 10, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
In addition to Kevin Youkilis‘ hip bursitis, it turns out that the Red Sox’ third baseman also has a hernia. That according to Pete Abraham and Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.
The hernia will require surgery, but Youkilis is going to wait until the offseason for that. It’s probably not doing wonderful things for his nibleness, power, flexability and mood, however.
Youkilis received an injection for his hip bursitis yesterday and could rejoin the Red Sox as soon as today. Whether he’s going to be effective or not is an open question. He has certainly struggled lately.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)