Sep 10, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
In addition to Kevin Youkilis‘ hip bursitis, it turns out that the Red Sox’ third baseman also has a hernia. That according to Pete Abraham and Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.
The hernia will require surgery, but Youkilis is going to wait until the offseason for that. It’s probably not doing wonderful things for his nibleness, power, flexability and mood, however.
Youkilis received an injection for his hip bursitis yesterday and could rejoin the Red Sox as soon as today. Whether he’s going to be effective or not is an open question. He has certainly struggled lately.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)