Sep 10, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
In addition to Kevin Youkilis‘ hip bursitis, it turns out that the Red Sox’ third baseman also has a hernia. That according to Pete Abraham and Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.
The hernia will require surgery, but Youkilis is going to wait until the offseason for that. It’s probably not doing wonderful things for his nibleness, power, flexability and mood, however.
Youkilis received an injection for his hip bursitis yesterday and could rejoin the Red Sox as soon as today. Whether he’s going to be effective or not is an open question. He has certainly struggled lately.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)