Sep 10, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
In addition to Kevin Youkilis‘ hip bursitis, it turns out that the Red Sox’ third baseman also has a hernia. That according to Pete Abraham and Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.
The hernia will require surgery, but Youkilis is going to wait until the offseason for that. It’s probably not doing wonderful things for his nibleness, power, flexability and mood, however.
Youkilis received an injection for his hip bursitis yesterday and could rejoin the Red Sox as soon as today. Whether he’s going to be effective or not is an open question. He has certainly struggled lately.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 17
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)