Sep 10, 2011, 6:17 AM EDT
UPDATE: After last night’s game, Terry Francona said that Youkilis has bursitis and received a cortisone shot. It has not been determined if Youkilis will rejoin the team Saturday or wait in Boston for the start of a homestand that begins Tuesday.
Friday, 4:40 PM: Kevin Youkilis has reportedly left the Red Sox in order to head back to Boston for an MRI on his hip. There haven’t been any reports regarding what he did to it. At least from what we have seen anyway. But I suppose it’s good news that it’s not his back, which has given him a lot of trouble this year.
Or maybe it is. Heck, what’s worse: two bad body parts or one really, really bad body part. An interesting intellectual question. At least if they’re not your body parts.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)