Sep 10, 2011, 6:17 AM EDT
UPDATE: After last night’s game, Terry Francona said that Youkilis has bursitis and received a cortisone shot. It has not been determined if Youkilis will rejoin the team Saturday or wait in Boston for the start of a homestand that begins Tuesday.
Friday, 4:40 PM: Kevin Youkilis has reportedly left the Red Sox in order to head back to Boston for an MRI on his hip. There haven’t been any reports regarding what he did to it. At least from what we have seen anyway. But I suppose it’s good news that it’s not his back, which has given him a lot of trouble this year.
Or maybe it is. Heck, what’s worse: two bad body parts or one really, really bad body part. An interesting intellectual question. At least if they’re not your body parts.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)