Sep 10, 2011, 6:17 AM EDT
UPDATE: After last night’s game, Terry Francona said that Youkilis has bursitis and received a cortisone shot. It has not been determined if Youkilis will rejoin the team Saturday or wait in Boston for the start of a homestand that begins Tuesday.
Friday, 4:40 PM: Kevin Youkilis has reportedly left the Red Sox in order to head back to Boston for an MRI on his hip. There haven’t been any reports regarding what he did to it. At least from what we have seen anyway. But I suppose it’s good news that it’s not his back, which has given him a lot of trouble this year.
Or maybe it is. Heck, what’s worse: two bad body parts or one really, really bad body part. An interesting intellectual question. At least if they’re not your body parts.
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 0
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 13
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)