Sep 10, 2011, 6:17 AM EDT
UPDATE: After last night’s game, Terry Francona said that Youkilis has bursitis and received a cortisone shot. It has not been determined if Youkilis will rejoin the team Saturday or wait in Boston for the start of a homestand that begins Tuesday.
Friday, 4:40 PM: Kevin Youkilis has reportedly left the Red Sox in order to head back to Boston for an MRI on his hip. There haven’t been any reports regarding what he did to it. At least from what we have seen anyway. But I suppose it’s good news that it’s not his back, which has given him a lot of trouble this year.
Or maybe it is. Heck, what’s worse: two bad body parts or one really, really bad body part. An interesting intellectual question. At least if they’re not your body parts.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)