Sep 10, 2011, 6:30 AM EDT
It’s gonna be really interesting if the Rays sweep the Red Sox and make a genuine wild card race in the American League. And by “interesting” I mean “totally hilarious for everyone who isn’t a Red Sox fan.” And no one — but no one — will feel more uncomfortable about it than Carl Crawford.
In other news, the Cardinals beat the Braves. If that led to a real wild card race in the National League, no, that would not be funny. Totally different thing, I assure you. Comedy just doesn’t apply across the board like that. I’m sure you understand.
Anyway, here’s what went down while you were at the high school football game:
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)