Sep 10, 2011, 6:30 AM EST
It’s gonna be really interesting if the Rays sweep the Red Sox and make a genuine wild card race in the American League. And by “interesting” I mean “totally hilarious for everyone who isn’t a Red Sox fan.” And no one — but no one — will feel more uncomfortable about it than Carl Crawford.
In other news, the Cardinals beat the Braves. If that led to a real wild card race in the National League, no, that would not be funny. Totally different thing, I assure you. Comedy just doesn’t apply across the board like that. I’m sure you understand.
Anyway, here’s what went down while you were at the high school football game:
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)