Sep 11, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
Orioles outfielder Adam Jones sat out of Saturday’s 5-4 loss to the Blue Jays due to swelling in his left ankle, which was struck by a foul ball on Friday night.
That one day of rest apparently did the trick.
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Jones is back in the Baltimore starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale with Toronto, batting fifth and playing center vs. Jays starter Dustin McGowan.
Jones has batted .280/.320/.463 with 23 home runs, 80 RBI and 11 stolen bases through 139 games this season. Many of those marks are career highs, and he has another few weeks to pad his 2011 stats.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)