Sep 11, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
Orioles outfielder Adam Jones sat out of Saturday’s 5-4 loss to the Blue Jays due to swelling in his left ankle, which was struck by a foul ball on Friday night.
That one day of rest apparently did the trick.
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Jones is back in the Baltimore starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale with Toronto, batting fifth and playing center vs. Jays starter Dustin McGowan.
Jones has batted .280/.320/.463 with 23 home runs, 80 RBI and 11 stolen bases through 139 games this season. Many of those marks are career highs, and he has another few weeks to pad his 2011 stats.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59