Sep 11, 2011, 10:31 AM EST
Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg will make his second major league start of the 2011 season on Sunday afternoon against the Astros.
The 23-year-old returned from a year-long recovery from Tommy John surgery last Tuesday night and hurled five scoreless innings against the Dodgers, yielding just two hits while striking out four batters. His four-seam fastball averaged 96.7 mph and his off-speed stuff looked to be in midseason form.
Strasburg now has a 2.71 ERA, 1.03 WHIP and 96/17 K/BB ratio through the first 73 innings of his MLB career. He’ll look to build on those impressive numbers with several more home starts down the stretch.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)