Sep 11, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Weeks is in the Brewers’ starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies but will only remain in the game for a few innings.
Weeks has been cleared for full activity and should become a regular member of the lineup again by the middle of next week. The National League Central-leading Brewers are simply playing it safe because they can.
Weeks, 28, has hit .272/.348/.478 with 19 homers, 43 RBI and nine stolen bases in 105 games this season.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (202)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)