Sep 11, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Weeks is in the Brewers’ starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies but will only remain in the game for a few innings.
Weeks has been cleared for full activity and should become a regular member of the lineup again by the middle of next week. The National League Central-leading Brewers are simply playing it safe because they can.
Weeks, 28, has hit .272/.348/.478 with 19 homers, 43 RBI and nine stolen bases in 105 games this season.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)