Sep 11, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Weeks is in the Brewers’ starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies but will only remain in the game for a few innings.
Weeks has been cleared for full activity and should become a regular member of the lineup again by the middle of next week. The National League Central-leading Brewers are simply playing it safe because they can.
Weeks, 28, has hit .272/.348/.478 with 19 homers, 43 RBI and nine stolen bases in 105 games this season.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47