Sep 11, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Weeks is in the Brewers’ starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies but will only remain in the game for a few innings.
Weeks has been cleared for full activity and should become a regular member of the lineup again by the middle of next week. The National League Central-leading Brewers are simply playing it safe because they can.
Weeks, 28, has hit .272/.348/.478 with 19 homers, 43 RBI and nine stolen bases in 105 games this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (156)