Sep 11, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Weeks is in the Brewers’ starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies but will only remain in the game for a few innings.
Weeks has been cleared for full activity and should become a regular member of the lineup again by the middle of next week. The National League Central-leading Brewers are simply playing it safe because they can.
Weeks, 28, has hit .272/.348/.478 with 19 homers, 43 RBI and nine stolen bases in 105 games this season.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)