Sep 12, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Johan Santana is still trying to get some more rehab work in before the minor-league season is over, so his next start is scheduled for Thursday at Single-A in the South Atlantic League championship series.
Santana tossed three shutout innings in the SAL semi-finals last week and Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports that he’s slated to throw a maximum of four innings in Game 3 of Savannah’s best-of-five series against Greensboro.
Even if Thursday’s start goes well DiComo says “it is all but certain that Santana will not return to the Mets this season.”
Instead he may continue to get work in winter ball or an instructional league.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him