Sep 12, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Johan Santana is still trying to get some more rehab work in before the minor-league season is over, so his next start is scheduled for Thursday at Single-A in the South Atlantic League championship series.
Santana tossed three shutout innings in the SAL semi-finals last week and Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports that he’s slated to throw a maximum of four innings in Game 3 of Savannah’s best-of-five series against Greensboro.
Even if Thursday’s start goes well DiComo says “it is all but certain that Santana will not return to the Mets this season.”
Instead he may continue to get work in winter ball or an instructional league.
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 8
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)