Sep 12, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Johan Santana is still trying to get some more rehab work in before the minor-league season is over, so his next start is scheduled for Thursday at Single-A in the South Atlantic League championship series.
Santana tossed three shutout innings in the SAL semi-finals last week and Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports that he’s slated to throw a maximum of four innings in Game 3 of Savannah’s best-of-five series against Greensboro.
Even if Thursday’s start goes well DiComo says “it is all but certain that Santana will not return to the Mets this season.”
Instead he may continue to get work in winter ball or an instructional league.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)