Sep 12, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
Johan Santana is still trying to get some more rehab work in before the minor-league season is over, so his next start is scheduled for Thursday at Single-A in the South Atlantic League championship series.
Santana tossed three shutout innings in the SAL semi-finals last week and Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports that he’s slated to throw a maximum of four innings in Game 3 of Savannah’s best-of-five series against Greensboro.
Even if Thursday’s start goes well DiComo says “it is all but certain that Santana will not return to the Mets this season.”
Instead he may continue to get work in winter ball or an instructional league.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 98
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (366)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (98)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (83)