Sep 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Logan Morrison, who injured his knee while making a sliding catch Friday, has left the Marlins in Atlanta and traveled back to Florida to be examined by team doctors.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Morrison will miss at least the three-game series against the Braves and being shut down for the season is always a strong possibility at this point.
Morrison has played well since returning from his brief demotion to Triple-A, hitting .271 with two homers and an .825 OPS in 15 games.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 40
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)