Sep 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Logan Morrison, who injured his knee while making a sliding catch Friday, has left the Marlins in Atlanta and traveled back to Florida to be examined by team doctors.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Morrison will miss at least the three-game series against the Braves and being shut down for the season is always a strong possibility at this point.
Morrison has played well since returning from his brief demotion to Triple-A, hitting .271 with two homers and an .825 OPS in 15 games.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)