Sep 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Logan Morrison, who injured his knee while making a sliding catch Friday, has left the Marlins in Atlanta and traveled back to Florida to be examined by team doctors.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Morrison will miss at least the three-game series against the Braves and being shut down for the season is always a strong possibility at this point.
Morrison has played well since returning from his brief demotion to Triple-A, hitting .271 with two homers and an .825 OPS in 15 games.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 20
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)