Sep 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Logan Morrison, who injured his knee while making a sliding catch Friday, has left the Marlins in Atlanta and traveled back to Florida to be examined by team doctors.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Morrison will miss at least the three-game series against the Braves and being shut down for the season is always a strong possibility at this point.
Morrison has played well since returning from his brief demotion to Triple-A, hitting .271 with two homers and an .825 OPS in 15 games.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)