Sep 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Logan Morrison, who injured his knee while making a sliding catch Friday, has left the Marlins in Atlanta and traveled back to Florida to be examined by team doctors.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Morrison will miss at least the three-game series against the Braves and being shut down for the season is always a strong possibility at this point.
Morrison has played well since returning from his brief demotion to Triple-A, hitting .271 with two homers and an .825 OPS in 15 games.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 3
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)