Sep 12, 2011, 8:43 PM EST
I don’t really link this article for the standard-issue “team that is skidding is not panicking” quotes. They themselves aren’t interesting. If the Braves hold on, they’ll be forgotten. If they get passed up by the Cardinals and are home for the playoffs they’ll be humiliating and remembered with pain by anyone who cares. In other words: much ado about nothing for now.
No, I link it for the illustration by Braves/fan illustrator Tim Williams, who provided a revised Braves logo for the very nervous portion of the season. And it’s an absolute classic.
We laugh, so that we may not cry. But we probably laugh a bit more, because that’s pretty funny, right there.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (172)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)