Sep 12, 2011, 8:43 PM EDT
I don’t really link this article for the standard-issue “team that is skidding is not panicking” quotes. They themselves aren’t interesting. If the Braves hold on, they’ll be forgotten. If they get passed up by the Cardinals and are home for the playoffs they’ll be humiliating and remembered with pain by anyone who cares. In other words: much ado about nothing for now.
No, I link it for the illustration by Braves/fan illustrator Tim Williams, who provided a revised Braves logo for the very nervous portion of the season. And it’s an absolute classic.
We laugh, so that we may not cry. But we probably laugh a bit more, because that’s pretty funny, right there.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 39
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)