Sep 12, 2011, 8:43 PM EDT
I don’t really link this article for the standard-issue “team that is skidding is not panicking” quotes. They themselves aren’t interesting. If the Braves hold on, they’ll be forgotten. If they get passed up by the Cardinals and are home for the playoffs they’ll be humiliating and remembered with pain by anyone who cares. In other words: much ado about nothing for now.
No, I link it for the illustration by Braves/fan illustrator Tim Williams, who provided a revised Braves logo for the very nervous portion of the season. And it’s an absolute classic.
We laugh, so that we may not cry. But we probably laugh a bit more, because that’s pretty funny, right there.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)