Sep 12, 2011, 8:43 PM EDT
I don’t really link this article for the standard-issue “team that is skidding is not panicking” quotes. They themselves aren’t interesting. If the Braves hold on, they’ll be forgotten. If they get passed up by the Cardinals and are home for the playoffs they’ll be humiliating and remembered with pain by anyone who cares. In other words: much ado about nothing for now.
No, I link it for the illustration by Braves/fan illustrator Tim Williams, who provided a revised Braves logo for the very nervous portion of the season. And it’s an absolute classic.
We laugh, so that we may not cry. But we probably laugh a bit more, because that’s pretty funny, right there.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)