Sep 12, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
This happens every year when the playoff races tighten, but it’s been fun to think about this today:
- Braves fans probably have to root pretty hard for the Phillies as they play the Cardinals this weekend.
- Red Sox fans probably have to root pretty hard for the Yankees, as they play the Rays seven times in the last two weeks of the season.
- Rays should also root for the Yankees as they face the Sox on the weekend of the 23rd.
- Yankees fans can play the “oh, wouldn’t it be fun to roll over to the Rays simply to mess with the Sox” game, even though they probably don’t mean it.
I often sing the praises of Twitter, but if you find yourself as fascinated as I am with these kinds of weird temporary rooting interests, by all means, sign up and start following hardcore fans of the Sox, Rays and Braves to see fun stuff like that.
And, at least next weekend, Go Phillies!
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)