Sep 12, 2011, 4:10 PM EST
This happens every year when the playoff races tighten, but it’s been fun to think about this today:
- Braves fans probably have to root pretty hard for the Phillies as they play the Cardinals this weekend.
- Red Sox fans probably have to root pretty hard for the Yankees, as they play the Rays seven times in the last two weeks of the season.
- Rays should also root for the Yankees as they face the Sox on the weekend of the 23rd.
- Yankees fans can play the “oh, wouldn’t it be fun to roll over to the Rays simply to mess with the Sox” game, even though they probably don’t mean it.
I often sing the praises of Twitter, but if you find yourself as fascinated as I am with these kinds of weird temporary rooting interests, by all means, sign up and start following hardcore fans of the Sox, Rays and Braves to see fun stuff like that.
And, at least next weekend, Go Phillies!
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)