Sep 13, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Utley has passed all the necessary tests following his concussion last week and Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the second baseman has been cleared to rejoin the Phillies’ lineup Thursday.
That means Utley will have missed seven days with the “mild” concussion, which is pretty fortunate considering the multiple-month absences for other concussed players like Justin Morneau, Jason Bay, Brian Roberts, and Denard Span recently.
Utley was cleared to resume working out Saturday and is now restriction-free, although the Phillies may opt to limit his playing time down the stretch anyway just to be safe.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)