Sep 13, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Utley has passed all the necessary tests following his concussion last week and Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the second baseman has been cleared to rejoin the Phillies’ lineup Thursday.
That means Utley will have missed seven days with the “mild” concussion, which is pretty fortunate considering the multiple-month absences for other concussed players like Justin Morneau, Jason Bay, Brian Roberts, and Denard Span recently.
Utley was cleared to resume working out Saturday and is now restriction-free, although the Phillies may opt to limit his playing time down the stretch anyway just to be safe.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 30
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)