Sep 13, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Utley has passed all the necessary tests following his concussion last week and Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the second baseman has been cleared to rejoin the Phillies’ lineup Thursday.
That means Utley will have missed seven days with the “mild” concussion, which is pretty fortunate considering the multiple-month absences for other concussed players like Justin Morneau, Jason Bay, Brian Roberts, and Denard Span recently.
Utley was cleared to resume working out Saturday and is now restriction-free, although the Phillies may opt to limit his playing time down the stretch anyway just to be safe.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)