Sep 13, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Utley has passed all the necessary tests following his concussion last week and Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the second baseman has been cleared to rejoin the Phillies’ lineup Thursday.
That means Utley will have missed seven days with the “mild” concussion, which is pretty fortunate considering the multiple-month absences for other concussed players like Justin Morneau, Jason Bay, Brian Roberts, and Denard Span recently.
Utley was cleared to resume working out Saturday and is now restriction-free, although the Phillies may opt to limit his playing time down the stretch anyway just to be safe.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)