Sep 13, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
Those of you who hang out in the comments are aware of poster FC and his recent foray into fan fiction. Basically, he imagines me in an underground lair, wearing a Braves bathrobe, smoking a bubble pipe, sitting before large TV monitors and basically treating baseball like a Bond villain treats the world. He has Tiffany as my henchwoman. Gleeman, Drew and the others make occasional appearances too.
Nope, that’s not creepy at all!
Anyway, FC is Francisco Colmenares, and he created his own blog for the “Craig’s Lair” series. While he’d probably do much better in life devoting what appear to be fantastic writing skills to a person less pathetic than me, I can’t say I don’t enjoy these things. At least as long as it doesn’t cross the line from fan fiction to slash fiction. Which, if you don’t know what that is already, you probably don’t need to know.
Nice work, FC! Just kidding with the “Misery” pic! Hope you don’t wake up one day soon and realize how boring I actually am! Hope I don’t wake up one day with my ankles hobbled in your remote rural home!
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)