Sep 13, 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
Jurrjens is able to play catch while wearing a brace on the knee, but hasn’t been cleared to throw off a mound yet and “hung his head” when asked about a potential return timetable.
O’Brien reports that Jurrjens opted against receiving a platelet-rich plasma injection in his knee because that would make it harder for him to recognize pain and potentially increase the risk of further injury, which the 25-year-old didn’t want to risk.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)