Sep 13, 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
Jurrjens is able to play catch while wearing a brace on the knee, but hasn’t been cleared to throw off a mound yet and “hung his head” when asked about a potential return timetable.
O’Brien reports that Jurrjens opted against receiving a platelet-rich plasma injection in his knee because that would make it harder for him to recognize pain and potentially increase the risk of further injury, which the 25-year-old didn’t want to risk.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8