Sep 13, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
Jered Weaver struggled working on short rest two weeks ago, giving up seven runs to the Rangers on August 28, but the Angels ace is going to give it another try.
Weaver is scheduled to pitch tomorrow against the A’s and manager Mike Scioscia indicated to reporters that his next start will probably be Sunday versus the Orioles, which would then line him up to also work September 23 and the September 28 season finale.
Of course, nothing is set in stone yet and Scioscia explained that Weaver wouldn’t be asked to come back on short rest if his pitch count tomorrow is exceptionally high.
That poor outing in late August is the only time in 174 career starts that Weaver has pitched on fewer than four days of rest.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)