Sep 13, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
Jered Weaver struggled working on short rest two weeks ago, giving up seven runs to the Rangers on August 28, but the Angels ace is going to give it another try.
Weaver is scheduled to pitch tomorrow against the A’s and manager Mike Scioscia indicated to reporters that his next start will probably be Sunday versus the Orioles, which would then line him up to also work September 23 and the September 28 season finale.
Of course, nothing is set in stone yet and Scioscia explained that Weaver wouldn’t be asked to come back on short rest if his pitch count tomorrow is exceptionally high.
That poor outing in late August is the only time in 174 career starts that Weaver has pitched on fewer than four days of rest.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)