Sep 13, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Josh Beckett missed his last turn in the Red Sox’s rotation with a sprained ankle suffered on September 5, but manager Terry Francona announced this afternoon that he’s slated to start Thursday or Friday.
Beckett threw a bullpen session yesterday and reported no problems, but Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that whether he returns Thursday or Friday “will be based on how he feels and which day he prefers.”
Presumably the Red Sox (and Beckett) will make that decision tomorrow, so for now they still have “TBA” listed for both days.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106