Sep 13, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
Josh Beckett missed his last turn in the Red Sox’s rotation with a sprained ankle suffered on September 5, but manager Terry Francona announced this afternoon that he’s slated to start Thursday or Friday.
Beckett threw a bullpen session yesterday and reported no problems, but Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that whether he returns Thursday or Friday “will be based on how he feels and which day he prefers.”
Presumably the Red Sox (and Beckett) will make that decision tomorrow, so for now they still have “TBA” listed for both days.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)