Sep 13, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Josh Beckett missed his last turn in the Red Sox’s rotation with a sprained ankle suffered on September 5, but manager Terry Francona announced this afternoon that he’s slated to start Thursday or Friday.
Beckett threw a bullpen session yesterday and reported no problems, but Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that whether he returns Thursday or Friday “will be based on how he feels and which day he prefers.”
Presumably the Red Sox (and Beckett) will make that decision tomorrow, so for now they still have “TBA” listed for both days.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)