Sep 13, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
After spending Monday night in the Broward County Jail, Manny Ramirez was released on $2,500 bail Tuesday.
He declined to speak about the incident that left wife Juliana with a swollen face and a bruise on the back of her head as he left the jail alone.
“No thanks,” Ramirez said when asked for comment. “Let me see, where’s my family?”
According to The Associated Press, Ramirez then hopped into a white Cadillac Escalade driven by his sister and was whisked away.
Ramirez’s sister did speak from the vehicle briefly before Manny arrived, though she declined to give her name.
“He’s my brother; we love him no matter what. He’s an amazing guy and we love him no matter what,” she said before rolling up the window.
At a brief court appearance Tuesday, Ramirez was ordered to have no direct contact with his wife by County Judge John Hurley. There’s no word yet on the timing of his next court appearance. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery charges.
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 0
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 4
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)