Sep 13, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
After spending Monday night in the Broward County Jail, Manny Ramirez was released on $2,500 bail Tuesday.
He declined to speak about the incident that left wife Juliana with a swollen face and a bruise on the back of her head as he left the jail alone.
“No thanks,” Ramirez said when asked for comment. “Let me see, where’s my family?”
According to The Associated Press, Ramirez then hopped into a white Cadillac Escalade driven by his sister and was whisked away.
Ramirez’s sister did speak from the vehicle briefly before Manny arrived, though she declined to give her name.
“He’s my brother; we love him no matter what. He’s an amazing guy and we love him no matter what,” she said before rolling up the window.
At a brief court appearance Tuesday, Ramirez was ordered to have no direct contact with his wife by County Judge John Hurley. There’s no word yet on the timing of his next court appearance. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery charges.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 82
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 69
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (86)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)