Sep 13, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
After spending Monday night in the Broward County Jail, Manny Ramirez was released on $2,500 bail Tuesday.
He declined to speak about the incident that left wife Juliana with a swollen face and a bruise on the back of her head as he left the jail alone.
“No thanks,” Ramirez said when asked for comment. “Let me see, where’s my family?”
According to The Associated Press, Ramirez then hopped into a white Cadillac Escalade driven by his sister and was whisked away.
Ramirez’s sister did speak from the vehicle briefly before Manny arrived, though she declined to give her name.
“He’s my brother; we love him no matter what. He’s an amazing guy and we love him no matter what,” she said before rolling up the window.
At a brief court appearance Tuesday, Ramirez was ordered to have no direct contact with his wife by County Judge John Hurley. There’s no word yet on the timing of his next court appearance. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery charges.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)