Sep 13, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
After spending Monday night in the Broward County Jail, Manny Ramirez was released on $2,500 bail Tuesday.
He declined to speak about the incident that left wife Juliana with a swollen face and a bruise on the back of her head as he left the jail alone.
“No thanks,” Ramirez said when asked for comment. “Let me see, where’s my family?”
According to The Associated Press, Ramirez then hopped into a white Cadillac Escalade driven by his sister and was whisked away.
Ramirez’s sister did speak from the vehicle briefly before Manny arrived, though she declined to give her name.
“He’s my brother; we love him no matter what. He’s an amazing guy and we love him no matter what,” she said before rolling up the window.
At a brief court appearance Tuesday, Ramirez was ordered to have no direct contact with his wife by County Judge John Hurley. There’s no word yet on the timing of his next court appearance. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery charges.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)