Sep 14, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Astros outfielder Jason Michaels is done for the season after breaking his left hand making a diving catch last night.
Steve Campbell of the Houston Chronicle reports that Michaels “is scheduled for surgery today to repair a displaced fracture of the fourth left metacarpal bone.”
Michaels has spent a decade in the majors despite logging more than 350 plate appearances just once, way back in 2006 for the Indians, but at age 35 and coming off a .199 batting average his days as a solid fourth outfielder and platoon starter may be over.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (134)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)