Sep 14, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
The operation was performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery. It was deemed an initial success, but nearly all surgeries are.
Carrasco, 24, registered a 4.62 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio across 124 2/3 innings (26 starts) this year for the Tribe. Even if the young righty is able to avoid setbacks, he probably won’t return to a major league mound until the 2013 season.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 9
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (83)