Sep 14, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
The operation was performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery. It was deemed an initial success, but nearly all surgeries are.
Carrasco, 24, registered a 4.62 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio across 124 2/3 innings (26 starts) this year for the Tribe. Even if the young righty is able to avoid setbacks, he probably won’t return to a major league mound until the 2013 season.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)