Sep 14, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
The operation was performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery. It was deemed an initial success, but nearly all surgeries are.
Carrasco, 24, registered a 4.62 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio across 124 2/3 innings (26 starts) this year for the Tribe. Even if the young righty is able to avoid setbacks, he probably won’t return to a major league mound until the 2013 season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)