Sep 14, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
The operation was performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery. It was deemed an initial success, but nearly all surgeries are.
Carrasco, 24, registered a 4.62 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio across 124 2/3 innings (26 starts) this year for the Tribe. Even if the young righty is able to avoid setbacks, he probably won’t return to a major league mound until the 2013 season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (150)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)