Sep 14, 2011, 8:03 PM EDT
The operation was performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery. It was deemed an initial success, but nearly all surgeries are.
Carrasco, 24, registered a 4.62 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 85/40 K/BB ratio across 124 2/3 innings (26 starts) this year for the Tribe. Even if the young righty is able to avoid setbacks, he probably won’t return to a major league mound until the 2013 season.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)