Sep 14, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
It probably doesn’t matter. Late season road trip against the worst team in baseball. Nothing to truly play for at the moment other than good health. The Phillies can be forgiven for dropping a couple of games against the Astros. Charlie Manuel isn’t all that willing to let it slide, however. Here’s Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com:
Manuel had strong words for his team during a clubhouse meeting after it played another sloppy game in a 5-2 loss (see game breakdown) to the lowly Houston Astros on Tuesday night. “We had a little talk,” Manuel admitted. “Not a big talk.” The message: “Just be more alert and play the game how we can,” he said.
Manuel was soft-selling the meeting. Word from the clubhouse was he rattled some cages pretty soundly.
I sure hope he didn’t criticize Ryan Howard. Dear Lord, the Phillies fans would turn on him in the drop of a hat!
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)