Sep 14, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
Because you guys simply don’t have enough access to my opinions, I feel obligated to let you know that tonight I will be making my debut on NBC SportsTalk, our new studio show on the Versus Network. The show comes on at 6PM Eastern.
I’ll be the bald gent with the horn-rimmed glasses offering my views on the baseball developments of the day. Don’t worry, though: Russ Thaler is hosting and he actually knows what the hell he’s doing. I’ll probably come off a lot like this.
As a result of the show, I’ll be out for a couple hours this afternoon. No, not to tape or prep or anything. Since I’m goin’ all showbiz, I gotta get the teeth capped, the crow’s feet botoxed and there’s a lot of waxing to be done.
Well, the waxing has nothing to do with the TV appearance. Just thought I’d offer it in the interests of full disclosure. Here’s hoping that I don’t humiliate myself any more than I usually do.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)