Sep 14, 2011, 4:50 PM EST
Johan Santana was scheduled to make a rehab start tomorrow at Single-A, but those plans have been canceled because he apparently didn’t feel comfortable pitching as a ringer in the South Atlantic League championship series.
Instead he’ll throw a simulated game this weekend and manager Terry Collins told Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that any notion of Santana pitching for the Mets this season “has been out the window for a while.”
Santana tossed three scoreless innings in the South Atlantic League semi-finals last week, but it sounds like his next game action might take place in winter ball or an instructional league.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (83)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)