Sep 14, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Beckett missed one turn in the rotation with a sprained ankle suffered on September 5, but reported no problems following a bullpen session Monday.
Boston had listed “TBA” as the scheduled starter for both Thursday and Friday, so now rookie Kyle Weiland will get the nod Thursday night.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69