Sep 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Holliday exited yesterday’s game in the ninth inning after feeling pain in his finger following a practice swing and traveled from Pittsburgh to St. Louis to have the injury examined by team doctors.
General manager John Mozeliak told Leach that Holliday won’t be cleared to swing a bat until next week, at which point the Cardinals will evaluate him further and determine if it’s worth trying to get him into games before the end of the season.
Expect to see a lot of Allen Craig in left field for the Cardinals down the stretch.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)