Sep 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Holliday exited yesterday’s game in the ninth inning after feeling pain in his finger following a practice swing and traveled from Pittsburgh to St. Louis to have the injury examined by team doctors.
General manager John Mozeliak told Leach that Holliday won’t be cleared to swing a bat until next week, at which point the Cardinals will evaluate him further and determine if it’s worth trying to get him into games before the end of the season.
Expect to see a lot of Allen Craig in left field for the Cardinals down the stretch.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 1
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 67
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)