Sep 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Holliday exited yesterday’s game in the ninth inning after feeling pain in his finger following a practice swing and traveled from Pittsburgh to St. Louis to have the injury examined by team doctors.
General manager John Mozeliak told Leach that Holliday won’t be cleared to swing a bat until next week, at which point the Cardinals will evaluate him further and determine if it’s worth trying to get him into games before the end of the season.
Expect to see a lot of Allen Craig in left field for the Cardinals down the stretch.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)