Sep 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Holliday exited yesterday’s game in the ninth inning after feeling pain in his finger following a practice swing and traveled from Pittsburgh to St. Louis to have the injury examined by team doctors.
General manager John Mozeliak told Leach that Holliday won’t be cleared to swing a bat until next week, at which point the Cardinals will evaluate him further and determine if it’s worth trying to get him into games before the end of the season.
Expect to see a lot of Allen Craig in left field for the Cardinals down the stretch.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)