Red Sox rookie Josh Reddick is way into wrestling

Sep 14, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT

Josh Reddick Reuters

Josh Reddick doesn’t only sit on a Triple H-themed folding chair in the middle of the Red Sox clubhouse and he didn’t only buy Dustin Pedroia an autographed Ric Flair robe off eBay earlier this season.  Nope, he also apparently spends time thinking about his own wrestling costume, just in case a career change comes along.

“Obviously I’d have to put on about 30 more pounds,” he told CSNNE.com’s Jessica Camerato. “I feel like I’d be one of those high-flying guys that just jumps up off the ropes all the time doing all kinds of crazy flips, that kind of thing. I’d be loud — I’d have to be loud. The quiet guys don’t really make it a whole lot. [I would] probably wear the standard Speedo with kneepads and boots. It’d have to be red. Red’s been my color since I don’t know how long.”

So, he’s got that going for him.

1. crpls - Sep 14, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Welp, I have a new favorite non-Giant…

2. pisano - Sep 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I wonder if he believes in the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy is more believable than wrestling.

• Tim OShenko - Sep 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Sure, the matches are rigged and it’s more soap opera than sporting contest. But it still takes a good deal of athleticism (especially the high-flying acts Reddick describes here) and can be fun to watch, given the right mindset. Not too different from the NBA, really.

3. yankeesgameday - Sep 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Open a can of whoop-ass for Captain Insano, Joshy.

4. Chris K - Sep 14, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Link to citation or didn’t happen!

5. urteamsux52 - Sep 14, 2011 at 8:05 PM

did he say he would wear speedo and roll around with men wow he fits in well with the redsox gay boy probally jerks to whats the guy with the gayiest batting standace yeah him now I see why the redsox aere always on the DL they bang each other GO RAYS

• yankeesgameday - Sep 14, 2011 at 8:11 PM

A little much even for me. But I applaud your anti-boston passion. Maybe just channel it a little….

• Gobias Industries - Sep 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM

You figured out the password to Mommy and Daddy’s computer! Good for you, lil’ fella!

• rollinghighwayblues - Sep 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

You really have a grasp on spelling and punctuation. Douchey troll.

6. sknut - Sep 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM

The real question is who would be his tag team partner? I am going with Youk over Pedroia.

7. urteamsux52 - Sep 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

gobias you took long enough to respond. You asked your mama if you could respond grow balls talk about your team. Oh, wait there aint nothing for you talk about all that money you all spent for a third place team. go kiss rolling highwayblueballs. redsox fans talk about there team when they win. when they lose they trash others and watch there friends sleep with their moms Go RAYS

• trotnixonisbestnixon - Sep 15, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Mr. urteamsux52, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

8. Glenn - Sep 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I like the kid, but he definitely has a redneck thing going, with that modern mullet and all. But he is a baseball player, not my philosophy professor.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (4904)