Sep 14, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
Now a few more details have surfaced via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, who claims that Cameron was released following an altercation with a flight attendant on the Marlins’ team plane:
Two sources on Wednesday gave the reason: Cameron got into a verbal altercation with a flight attendant on the team’s charter flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta on Sunday. The altercation did not turn physical, but the charter company filed a complaint. The Marlins’ front office believed it could not keep Cameron after the incident.
Surprising considering Cameron has always had a reputation as a good guy and well-liked clubhouse presence, but as Logan Morrison would probably tell you weird off-field drama seems to be one of the stories of the Marlins season.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 55
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 215
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (221)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)