Sep 14, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Now a few more details have surfaced via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, who claims that Cameron was released following an altercation with a flight attendant on the Marlins’ team plane:
Two sources on Wednesday gave the reason: Cameron got into a verbal altercation with a flight attendant on the team’s charter flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta on Sunday. The altercation did not turn physical, but the charter company filed a complaint. The Marlins’ front office believed it could not keep Cameron after the incident.
Surprising considering Cameron has always had a reputation as a good guy and well-liked clubhouse presence, but as Logan Morrison would probably tell you weird off-field drama seems to be one of the stories of the Marlins season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (152)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)