Sep 14, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Now a few more details have surfaced via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, who claims that Cameron was released following an altercation with a flight attendant on the Marlins’ team plane:
Two sources on Wednesday gave the reason: Cameron got into a verbal altercation with a flight attendant on the team’s charter flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta on Sunday. The altercation did not turn physical, but the charter company filed a complaint. The Marlins’ front office believed it could not keep Cameron after the incident.
Surprising considering Cameron has always had a reputation as a good guy and well-liked clubhouse presence, but as Logan Morrison would probably tell you weird off-field drama seems to be one of the stories of the Marlins season.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)