Sep 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Colorado Rockies catcher Eliezer Alfonzo has received a 100-game suspension after a second positive test for a performance-enhancing substance. The suspension takes effect immediately. His first suspension came back in 2008 when he was with the Giants.
Alfonso played 25 games for the Rockies this year and notched a .267/.304/.320 line in 79 plate appearances. Which is more or less the player he has been over 624 plate appearances in his six-season major league career with the Giants, Padres, Mariners and Colorado.
So I guess it means that Alfonzo has gotten some pretty pathetic PEDs.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 4
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)