Sep 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Colorado Rockies catcher Eliezer Alfonzo has received a 100-game suspension after a second positive test for a performance-enhancing substance. The suspension takes effect immediately. His first suspension came back in 2008 when he was with the Giants.
Alfonso played 25 games for the Rockies this year and notched a .267/.304/.320 line in 79 plate appearances. Which is more or less the player he has been over 624 plate appearances in his six-season major league career with the Giants, Padres, Mariners and Colorado.
So I guess it means that Alfonzo has gotten some pretty pathetic PEDs.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 9
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)