Sep 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Colorado Rockies catcher Eliezer Alfonzo has received a 100-game suspension after a second positive test for a performance-enhancing substance. The suspension takes effect immediately. His first suspension came back in 2008 when he was with the Giants.
Alfonso played 25 games for the Rockies this year and notched a .267/.304/.320 line in 79 plate appearances. Which is more or less the player he has been over 624 plate appearances in his six-season major league career with the Giants, Padres, Mariners and Colorado.
So I guess it means that Alfonzo has gotten some pretty pathetic PEDs.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)