Sep 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Colorado Rockies catcher Eliezer Alfonzo has received a 100-game suspension after a second positive test for a performance-enhancing substance. The suspension takes effect immediately. His first suspension came back in 2008 when he was with the Giants.
Alfonso played 25 games for the Rockies this year and notched a .267/.304/.320 line in 79 plate appearances. Which is more or less the player he has been over 624 plate appearances in his six-season major league career with the Giants, Padres, Mariners and Colorado.
So I guess it means that Alfonzo has gotten some pretty pathetic PEDs.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)