Sep 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Colorado Rockies catcher Eliezer Alfonzo has received a 100-game suspension after a second positive test for a performance-enhancing substance. The suspension takes effect immediately. His first suspension came back in 2008 when he was with the Giants.
Alfonso played 25 games for the Rockies this year and notched a .267/.304/.320 line in 79 plate appearances. Which is more or less the player he has been over 624 plate appearances in his six-season major league career with the Giants, Padres, Mariners and Colorado.
So I guess it means that Alfonzo has gotten some pretty pathetic PEDs.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)