Sep 14, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
The Red Sox are intent on making this interesting, aren’t they?
Boston had a 4-2 lead in the eighth inning when all hell broke loose. Daniel Bard came in to start things off and walked the first two batters. Then he threw the ball away on a sacrifice attempt, loading the bases. Then Edwin Encarnacion scored on a groundout that should have been a double-play ball (Kevin Youkilis bobbled it) followed by a two-run single by Adam Loewen to give the Jays the 5-4 lead they’d never relinquish.
So the Rays are three and a half back as they take the field against Baltimore this evening. And of course, they start a four-game series with Boston tomorrow. The same Boston Red Sox who have lost six of seven games.
Fasten your seat belts.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 64
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)