Sep 14, 2011, 5:46 PM EST
The Red Sox are intent on making this interesting, aren’t they?
Boston had a 4-2 lead in the eighth inning when all hell broke loose. Daniel Bard came in to start things off and walked the first two batters. Then he threw the ball away on a sacrifice attempt, loading the bases. Then Edwin Encarnacion scored on a groundout that should have been a double-play ball (Kevin Youkilis bobbled it) followed by a two-run single by Adam Loewen to give the Jays the 5-4 lead they’d never relinquish.
So the Rays are three and a half back as they take the field against Baltimore this evening. And of course, they start a four-game series with Boston tomorrow. The same Boston Red Sox who have lost six of seven games.
Fasten your seat belts.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)