Sep 15, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Obviously the season was a wash the moment he broke his ankle, but Buster Posey‘s rehab is continuing apace, with the Giants’ catcher to begin hitting off a tee next week.
Actually, Giants trainer Dave Groeschner says that Posey is ahead of schedule and that his rehab is “pretty accelerated” at the moment. Of course, doing things like throwing and hitting off a tee don’t test Posey’s ankle the way, say, running bases and crouching to catch would. He’s not there yet, but Groeschner sounds like a guy who is cautiously optimistic that Posey is doing well in his rehab.
In other news, the star chamber that has issued the kill-on-site order for Scott Cousins is considering whether or not to modify their diktat to only call for a serious maiming. Word is expected by the end of the calendar year.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)