Sep 15, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Obviously the season was a wash the moment he broke his ankle, but Buster Posey‘s rehab is continuing apace, with the Giants’ catcher to begin hitting off a tee next week.
Actually, Giants trainer Dave Groeschner says that Posey is ahead of schedule and that his rehab is “pretty accelerated” at the moment. Of course, doing things like throwing and hitting off a tee don’t test Posey’s ankle the way, say, running bases and crouching to catch would. He’s not there yet, but Groeschner sounds like a guy who is cautiously optimistic that Posey is doing well in his rehab.
In other news, the star chamber that has issued the kill-on-site order for Scott Cousins is considering whether or not to modify their diktat to only call for a serious maiming. Word is expected by the end of the calendar year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 12
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?