Sep 15, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Obviously the season was a wash the moment he broke his ankle, but Buster Posey‘s rehab is continuing apace, with the Giants’ catcher to begin hitting off a tee next week.
Actually, Giants trainer Dave Groeschner says that Posey is ahead of schedule and that his rehab is “pretty accelerated” at the moment. Of course, doing things like throwing and hitting off a tee don’t test Posey’s ankle the way, say, running bases and crouching to catch would. He’s not there yet, but Groeschner sounds like a guy who is cautiously optimistic that Posey is doing well in his rehab.
In other news, the star chamber that has issued the kill-on-site order for Scott Cousins is considering whether or not to modify their diktat to only call for a serious maiming. Word is expected by the end of the calendar year.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 221
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (220)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)