Buster Posey’s rehab is ahead of schedule

Sep 15, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT

posey wider Getty Images

Obviously the season was a wash the moment he broke his ankle, but Buster Posey‘s rehab is continuing apace, with the Giants’ catcher to begin hitting off a tee next week.

Actually, Giants trainer Dave Groeschner says that Posey is ahead of schedule and that his rehab is “pretty accelerated” at the moment. Of course, doing things like throwing and hitting off a tee don’t test Posey’s ankle the way, say, running bases and crouching to catch would.  He’s not there yet, but Groeschner sounds like a guy who is cautiously optimistic that Posey is doing well in his rehab.

In other news, the star chamber that has issued the kill-on-site order for Scott Cousins is considering whether or not to modify their diktat to only call for a serious maiming.  Word is expected by the end of the calendar year.

1. Old Gator - Sep 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Do the Feesh have any makeup games remaining with the Jints? They apparently need to go back out there and finish this guy off.

• bigdicktater - Sep 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM

What makes you say something like that? What a POS you’ve become!

• Old Gator - Sep 15, 2011 at 1:42 PM

What makes you call yourself that? I have to respect your bottomless capacity for self-effacement.

2. natstowngreg - Sep 15, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Safe Prediction Dept.: Sometime by March 15, 2012, Posey will declare himself to be in the best shape of his life.

3. feartherallythong - Sep 15, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Gator, I am personally offended by you suggestion that Posey be fitted for concrete galoshes by the Marlins.
    Oh, wait! I meant to say that it was obvious spoofage on your part, and clearly bigdicktater (one of the few posters with a dumber nom-de-guerre than mine) has not read your collected works, to recognize the obvious satire in your statement…

• Old Gator - Sep 15, 2011 at 2:40 PM

It wasn’t hard for me to visualize my prior interlocutor based on his nom-de-guerre, but I have to admit that I find it a bit more complicated to visualize you based on yours. Trusting, however, that your antennae may be tuned for “irony” wheres his clearly weren’t…um….just out of curiosity, was your favorite film Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

4. goawaydog - Sep 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Happy Happy Joy Joy

5. feartherallythong - Sep 15, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Actually, I thought that was a very interesting Netflix rental. Really good low-budget Aussie movie, and I think Hugo Weaving is an underrated actor.
    The wife thought so too – to answer the underlying question.

Sadly, all the good Giants-hype-related usernames were occupado when I first got involved with HBT. I noticed that there was an under-utilization of rally-thong related names (curse you, Aubrey Huff!). Jonny5 previously suggested I was of the estrogen-dominant-set, now the Priscilla drop – I think it’s time to consider a new handle (in the great C.W. McCall tradition).

Just yer standard middle-class, middle-aged former English major…

• Old Gator - Sep 15, 2011 at 11:38 PM

You’ll notice I recognized you as a man of taste – as only a middle aged former English major can be – and referenced Priscilla rather than To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. That would have been like referencing The Big Chill instead of Return of the Secaucus Seven.

And I don’t think that among indie film fans, Hugo Weaving is all that underappreciated. His career survived V for Vendetta so the guy has to have some staying power. But I do understand that if you’re in San Francisco, you’re a bit cut off from some of the artsier realities of modern culture….

Pitching duel highlights Game 1 of WS