Sep 15, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Here we go again…
if im reinsdorf im offering ozzie for logan morrison. over-rated, contract-obsessed manager for promising OF. good deal
Logan Morrison files a grievance against the Marlins…does this help set the path for a Morrison for Ozzie Guillen trade?
The funny thing is that if the Marlins made such a trade, it’d be because of Morrison’s big mouth. And there’s maybe just one character in baseball with a bigger mouth than Morrison…
But it’s ridiculous speculation, and it’s never going to happen. Morrison is a 24-year-old with a .263/.354/.457 line and 21 homers in 665 major league at-bats. He’s five seasons away from free agency, and it’s not a stretch to suggest he could be worth $50 million in those five seasons, all while getting paid maybe 60 percent of that. He’s not getting traded for a manager. The end.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)