Sep 15, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
A player being “out for the rest of the year” is not too terribly important anymore given that there are less than two weeks left in the season. Still, let’s pretend like we give a crap, OK?
Today’s player is Johnny Cueto of the Cincinnati Reds. He strained his right lat muscle during last night’s game against the Cubs. Though not a major injury, the Reds have nothing left to play for so there’s No sense in rushing him back and risking a compensation injury or something.
Overall, a great year for Cueto. While his record was only 9-5, he had a 2.31 ERA in 24 starts and looks to be growing quite nicely into a front-of-the-rotation starter.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)