Sep 15, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
A player being “out for the rest of the year” is not too terribly important anymore given that there are less than two weeks left in the season. Still, let’s pretend like we give a crap, OK?
Today’s player is Johnny Cueto of the Cincinnati Reds. He strained his right lat muscle during last night’s game against the Cubs. Though not a major injury, the Reds have nothing left to play for so there’s No sense in rushing him back and risking a compensation injury or something.
Overall, a great year for Cueto. While his record was only 9-5, he had a 2.31 ERA in 24 starts and looks to be growing quite nicely into a front-of-the-rotation starter.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)