Sep 15, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
A player being “out for the rest of the year” is not too terribly important anymore given that there are less than two weeks left in the season. Still, let’s pretend like we give a crap, OK?
Today’s player is Johnny Cueto of the Cincinnati Reds. He strained his right lat muscle during last night’s game against the Cubs. Though not a major injury, the Reds have nothing left to play for so there’s No sense in rushing him back and risking a compensation injury or something.
Overall, a great year for Cueto. While his record was only 9-5, he had a 2.31 ERA in 24 starts and looks to be growing quite nicely into a front-of-the-rotation starter.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 47
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 58
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)