Sep 15, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
A player being “out for the rest of the year” is not too terribly important anymore given that there are less than two weeks left in the season. Still, let’s pretend like we give a crap, OK?
Today’s player is Johnny Cueto of the Cincinnati Reds. He strained his right lat muscle during last night’s game against the Cubs. Though not a major injury, the Reds have nothing left to play for so there’s No sense in rushing him back and risking a compensation injury or something.
Overall, a great year for Cueto. While his record was only 9-5, he had a 2.31 ERA in 24 starts and looks to be growing quite nicely into a front-of-the-rotation starter.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)