Sep 15, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
As part of a promotion CC Carpet and Floor Design in Dallas offered customers who bought flooring or counter tops a full refund if Hamilton hit a grand slam from August 29 to the end of the season.
He hadn’t hit one since May 28 of 2008, so it probably seemed like a safe bet that would help drum up some business, but instead Hamilton went deep with the bases loaded and the store will issue about $500,000 in refunds.
Of course, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram notes that owner Steve Fitzgerald got an insurance policy before running the promotion. Or as Fitzgerald put it: “I’m excited. I’m great. I wish he could have waited until the last game of the season so more people could have gotten it.”
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 93
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 30
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (103)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)