Sep 15, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
As part of a promotion CC Carpet and Floor Design in Dallas offered customers who bought flooring or counter tops a full refund if Hamilton hit a grand slam from August 29 to the end of the season.
He hadn’t hit one since May 28 of 2008, so it probably seemed like a safe bet that would help drum up some business, but instead Hamilton went deep with the bases loaded and the store will issue about $500,000 in refunds.
Of course, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram notes that owner Steve Fitzgerald got an insurance policy before running the promotion. Or as Fitzgerald put it: “I’m excited. I’m great. I wish he could have waited until the last game of the season so more people could have gotten it.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)