Must-click link: Prince Fielder as Andy Warhol muse

Sep 15, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT

Click Here large

This is just a link to a picture, but it’s a pretty fantastic picture.  A graphic artist for Metronews.ca created a graphic for an article about Prince Fielder‘s potential destinations.  Sure, we’ve seen the “player in another team’s uniform” Photoshop job before, but this one is truly well done.

In the future, Prince Fielder will be famous for 15 minutes …

1. proudlycanadian - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Interesting pictures. A Blue Jay? Cecil Fielder once played for the Jays but Prince is on the outs with Cecil. The Jays would not pay Prince more than they would pay Bautista.

• Alex K - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Don’t let cur see this. We might have a BeaverWrestler fight!

• cur68 - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Too late, he’s seen it. But never fear; beaver wrestlers don’t fight each other except after strapping knives to their feet, donning about 6 kilos of gear and padding and picking up clubs. We call this ritual combat “hockey”.

All that said I strongly suspect PC is correct in his assessment and I deeply hope he’s wrong. The Most Interesting Hitter in the World wants to win it all, of that I have no doubt. I don’t think that guy’s about ego, just hard work, savvy and an iron clad belief in himself. It is my hope that AA gets Fielder and that Bautista is first in line to shake the big fella’s hand and say all the right things even if Fielder gets paid Wells type money and beyond. The trouble is that might be asking way too much of anyone that’s had to put up with as much crapola as Bautista.

• proudlycanadian - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Well said Cur.

• proudlycanadian - Sep 16, 2011 at 9:15 AM

A story in Friday’s Globe and Mail says that Blue Jay President Paul Beeston will not authorize 6 or 7 year deals which probably puts them out of the running for Fielder. The Wells contract was a lesson that will not be repeated.

2. Jonny 5 - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I’m thinking the Brewers keep him. They should really. And i’m sure he’ll give them every chance to top his other offers.

3. Panda Claus - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM

A little surprised they didn’t at least pretend he could land with the Orioles, though it’s unlikely.

I’m picking the Cubs as his next destination. Fielder will be the 2nd place trophy when Chicago fails to extract Pujols from St. Louis.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Yeesh, no. I’m fine with a LaHair/Pena tandem, and a heavy focus on a 2B (if they’re not going to use Baker as much as they should), a RF and starting pitching.

• Alex K - Sep 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I hope they don’t get him, either. I want LoMo to play first for the Cubs next year. If that fails, I see no problem with Pena/LaHair/Baker (need someone who hits lefties). I’m not sure what they should do at 2B. Barney and Baker aren’t the answer. Will LeMahieu hit enough?

4. donmchoull - Dec 3, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I just noticed this, it’s pretty cool that you featured my Fielder image, and I’m glad you liked it. Though I’m not actually a graphic artist, just a sports editor with a copy of Photoshop and a lot of time.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3685)