Sep 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
As I mentioned, last night I made my debut as a talking head on NBC SportsTalk, our new studio show on Versus (which, as of the first year, will be known as the NBC Sports Network). I didn’t barf, drop any F-bombs or ruin any equipment, so I assume that they’ll have me back on from time to time.
We covered all kinds of ground on the show last night, so I figured I’d share some of the segments today as little video posts a la HBT Daily. Only differences: (a) I wasn’t in my basement; and (b) no Tiffany. Don’t worry, though: I’m taping some stuff with her later this morning, so you’ll get your fix today and tomorrow.
First up: some chatter about the NL Cy Young race. We taped this before Halladay’s ridiculous start yesterday and before Kershaw’s aborted-yet-still-awesome game against the Dbacks. Still, given that Cliff Lee is likely to go out there and toss a near perfect game or something, I believe the point I make about this being the tightest awards race in recent memory stands. Today Halladay has an edge, but it’s goin’ down to the wire.
Enjoy:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)