Sep 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
As I mentioned, last night I made my debut as a talking head on NBC SportsTalk, our new studio show on Versus (which, as of the first year, will be known as the NBC Sports Network). I didn’t barf, drop any F-bombs or ruin any equipment, so I assume that they’ll have me back on from time to time.
We covered all kinds of ground on the show last night, so I figured I’d share some of the segments today as little video posts a la HBT Daily. Only differences: (a) I wasn’t in my basement; and (b) no Tiffany. Don’t worry, though: I’m taping some stuff with her later this morning, so you’ll get your fix today and tomorrow.
First up: some chatter about the NL Cy Young race. We taped this before Halladay’s ridiculous start yesterday and before Kershaw’s aborted-yet-still-awesome game against the Dbacks. Still, given that Cliff Lee is likely to go out there and toss a near perfect game or something, I believe the point I make about this being the tightest awards race in recent memory stands. Today Halladay has an edge, but it’s goin’ down to the wire.
Enjoy:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)