Sep 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
As I mentioned, last night I made my debut as a talking head on NBC SportsTalk, our new studio show on Versus (which, as of the first year, will be known as the NBC Sports Network). I didn’t barf, drop any F-bombs or ruin any equipment, so I assume that they’ll have me back on from time to time.
We covered all kinds of ground on the show last night, so I figured I’d share some of the segments today as little video posts a la HBT Daily. Only differences: (a) I wasn’t in my basement; and (b) no Tiffany. Don’t worry, though: I’m taping some stuff with her later this morning, so you’ll get your fix today and tomorrow.
First up: some chatter about the NL Cy Young race. We taped this before Halladay’s ridiculous start yesterday and before Kershaw’s aborted-yet-still-awesome game against the Dbacks. Still, given that Cliff Lee is likely to go out there and toss a near perfect game or something, I believe the point I make about this being the tightest awards race in recent memory stands. Today Halladay has an edge, but it’s goin’ down to the wire.
Enjoy:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)