Sep 15, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Minnesota’s season has been a mess on nearly every possible level, but the biggest long-term worries to come from their miserable 2011 are Justin Morneau‘s and Denard Span‘s struggles to come back from concussions.
Morneau originally suffered his concussion in the middle of last year, but was recently shut down after experiencing dizziness 15 months later. Span missed two months following his concussion in June, played terribly for a week while dealing with similar symptoms, and was shut down again.
They’re both rehabbing in an effort to play again this season, but time is running out and Span admitted yesterday that his dizziness still “comes and goes” more than three months after his concussion. Morneau’s symptoms are believed to be less prominent, but when asked about his status Ron Gardenhire replied that “it’s up in the air.”
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)