Sep 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Cano remained in the game and hobbled to first base, and afterward underwent X-rays that came back negative.
Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York writes that Cano “hobbled around the Yankees’ clubhouse, looking like Willis Reed in 1970,” but the second baseman seemed confident that he’d be in the lineup Friday.
Today’s off day comes at a good time for Cano, who’s missed just one game all season while hitting .305 with 26 homers and an .880 OPS. Dating back to 2007 he’s played 787 of a possible 796 games, which is the third-most in baseball behind only Prince Fielder (790) and Adrian Gonzalez (788).
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)