Sep 16, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
Perhaps it’s not quite as embarrassing as Jeremy Affeldt losing to some frozen hamburgers, but what it is with left-handers and kitchen accidents lately?
Brett Cecil was scratched from his scheduled start Friday night after suffering a cut on his left index finger while cleaning his blender. Dustin McGowan will take his spot against the Yankees.
Incredibly enough, it’s Cecil’s second household accident of the year. He was similarly injured while cutting chicken during spring training.
Fortunately, Cecil is expected to miss just the one start. Less fortunate is that because the Blue Jays sent him down earlier this year, he won’t yet be arbitration eligible this winter, which means he’s probably still another year away from getting himself a maid.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)