Sep 16, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
Perhaps it’s not quite as embarrassing as Jeremy Affeldt losing to some frozen hamburgers, but what it is with left-handers and kitchen accidents lately?
Brett Cecil was scratched from his scheduled start Friday night after suffering a cut on his left index finger while cleaning his blender. Dustin McGowan will take his spot against the Yankees.
Incredibly enough, it’s Cecil’s second household accident of the year. He was similarly injured while cutting chicken during spring training.
Fortunately, Cecil is expected to miss just the one start. Less fortunate is that because the Blue Jays sent him down earlier this year, he won’t yet be arbitration eligible this winter, which means he’s probably still another year away from getting himself a maid.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)