Sep 16, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval hit a triple to complete the cycle last night against the Rockies, but it was due in part to Carlos Gonzalez, who aggravated his right wrist when he collided into the right field wall while attempting to track down the fly ball.
Gonzalez originally injured the wrist when he crashed into the center field wall while making a catch on July 3. He eventually landed on the disabled list after aggravating the injury on a swing. The 25-year-old outfielder has been one of the hottest hitters in baseball since his return in early-August, batting .309/.378/.612 with 11 homers, nine doubles, 36 RBI and a .990 OPS over 139 at-bats.
Gonzalez is scheduled to be reevaluated today, but Troy Renck of the Denver Post writes that he will “likely miss at least a few games.” Of course, with the season winding down and the Rockies eliminated from playoff contention, there’s little reason to rush him back into the starting lineup.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 21
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?