Sep 16, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Rookies better hope this doesn’t become a standard hazing practice.
Last night Marlins rookie right-hander Jose Ceda decided to use the bathroom in the bullpen at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and the rest of the relievers blocked him in there using a broom and sandbags.
Here’s the video from MLB.com:
On a related note: John Lackey isn’t a rookie or even a reliever, but if he ever wanders into the bullpen the Red Sox may want to think about trying something similar. Not forever or anything, just until the playoffs are over.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)