Sep 16, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Rookies better hope this doesn’t become a standard hazing practice.
Last night Marlins rookie right-hander Jose Ceda decided to use the bathroom in the bullpen at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and the rest of the relievers blocked him in there using a broom and sandbags.
Here’s the video from MLB.com:
On a related note: John Lackey isn’t a rookie or even a reliever, but if he ever wanders into the bullpen the Red Sox may want to think about trying something similar. Not forever or anything, just until the playoffs are over.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 12
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 77
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)