Sep 16, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
Rookies better hope this doesn’t become a standard hazing practice.
Last night Marlins rookie right-hander Jose Ceda decided to use the bathroom in the bullpen at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and the rest of the relievers blocked him in there using a broom and sandbags.
Here’s the video from MLB.com:
On a related note: John Lackey isn’t a rookie or even a reliever, but if he ever wanders into the bullpen the Red Sox may want to think about trying something similar. Not forever or anything, just until the playoffs are over.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)