Sep 16, 2011, 3:33 PM EST
Rookies better hope this doesn’t become a standard hazing practice.
Last night Marlins rookie right-hander Jose Ceda decided to use the bathroom in the bullpen at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and the rest of the relievers blocked him in there using a broom and sandbags.
Here’s the video from MLB.com:
On a related note: John Lackey isn’t a rookie or even a reliever, but if he ever wanders into the bullpen the Red Sox may want to think about trying something similar. Not forever or anything, just until the playoffs are over.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)