Sep 16, 2011, 5:44 PM EST
Ryan Howard, who was in an 0-for-15 slump before coming off the bench and delivering a game-winning double in the second game of Thursday’s doubleheader, says his sore left ankle continues to bother him and he might get a cortisone shot.
It sounds as though Howard would prefer to just have the one cortisone shot, so he might choose to play through the pain for now and then get the injection prior to the start of the postseason. It’s not as though the Phillies need him at his best right now.
Besides, even with that 0-for-15, Howard is hitting .255/.397/.553 with four homers and 10 RBI in 47 at-bats this month. It looks like he’ll finish this year with the lowest OPS of his career — he’s at .831 right now — but he’s leading the majors with 113 RBI anyway.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (123)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)