Sep 16, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo‘s miserable season fittingly comes to an end in more frustration, as the Indians outfielder lasted just two innings in his return from the disabled list yesterday before aggravating his oblique injury.
Choo, who’d spent 18 days on the DL recovering from the initial oblique strain, tweaked it again while taking a pair of swings in his first at-bat back in the lineup. Manny Acta made it clear afterward that he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Choo was one of the best, most underrated players in baseball during the past three seasons, hitting .302 with an .897 OPS, but his production slipped considerably this year, he’ll end up missing 77 games with injuries, and he was also arrested for a DUI.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)