Sep 16, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Shin-Soo Choo‘s miserable season fittingly comes to an end in more frustration, as the Indians outfielder lasted just two innings in his return from the disabled list yesterday before aggravating his oblique injury.
Choo, who’d spent 18 days on the DL recovering from the initial oblique strain, tweaked it again while taking a pair of swings in his first at-bat back in the lineup. Manny Acta made it clear afterward that he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Choo was one of the best, most underrated players in baseball during the past three seasons, hitting .302 with an .897 OPS, but his production slipped considerably this year, he’ll end up missing 77 games with injuries, and he was also arrested for a DUI.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)