Sep 16, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo‘s miserable season fittingly comes to an end in more frustration, as the Indians outfielder lasted just two innings in his return from the disabled list yesterday before aggravating his oblique injury.
Choo, who’d spent 18 days on the DL recovering from the initial oblique strain, tweaked it again while taking a pair of swings in his first at-bat back in the lineup. Manny Acta made it clear afterward that he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Choo was one of the best, most underrated players in baseball during the past three seasons, hitting .302 with an .897 OPS, but his production slipped considerably this year, he’ll end up missing 77 games with injuries, and he was also arrested for a DUI.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)