Sep 16, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo‘s miserable season fittingly comes to an end in more frustration, as the Indians outfielder lasted just two innings in his return from the disabled list yesterday before aggravating his oblique injury.
Choo, who’d spent 18 days on the DL recovering from the initial oblique strain, tweaked it again while taking a pair of swings in his first at-bat back in the lineup. Manny Acta made it clear afterward that he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Choo was one of the best, most underrated players in baseball during the past three seasons, hitting .302 with an .897 OPS, but his production slipped considerably this year, he’ll end up missing 77 games with injuries, and he was also arrested for a DUI.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)