Sep 16, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo‘s miserable season fittingly comes to an end in more frustration, as the Indians outfielder lasted just two innings in his return from the disabled list yesterday before aggravating his oblique injury.
Choo, who’d spent 18 days on the DL recovering from the initial oblique strain, tweaked it again while taking a pair of swings in his first at-bat back in the lineup. Manny Acta made it clear afterward that he’ll miss the remainder of the season.
Choo was one of the best, most underrated players in baseball during the past three seasons, hitting .302 with an .897 OPS, but his production slipped considerably this year, he’ll end up missing 77 games with injuries, and he was also arrested for a DUI.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 51
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 8
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games