Sep 16, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
According to Tyler Mason of FOX Sports North, the Twins have activated Francisco Liriano from the 15-day disabled list. He will be available out of the bullpen for tonight’s game against the Indians.
Liriano hasn’t pitched since August 25 due to a left posterior shoulder strain. It wasn’t too long ago that he appeared unlikely to return this season, but the Twins are expected to use him out of the bullpen the rest of the way.
Consistent with several prominent members of the Twins, this has been a disappointing season for Liriano in many respects. Limited to just 24 starts, the 27-year-old southpaw is 9-9 with a 4.84 ERA and 109/73 K/BB ratio across 132 innings.
Liriano is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter and while he is a lock to be tendered a contract, it will be interesting to see if the Twins listen to trade offers rather than give him a raise from his $4.3 million salary from this season.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)