Sep 16, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
According to Tyler Mason of FOX Sports North, the Twins have activated Francisco Liriano from the 15-day disabled list. He will be available out of the bullpen for tonight’s game against the Indians.
Liriano hasn’t pitched since August 25 due to a left posterior shoulder strain. It wasn’t too long ago that he appeared unlikely to return this season, but the Twins are expected to use him out of the bullpen the rest of the way.
Consistent with several prominent members of the Twins, this has been a disappointing season for Liriano in many respects. Limited to just 24 starts, the 27-year-old southpaw is 9-9 with a 4.84 ERA and 109/73 K/BB ratio across 132 innings.
Liriano is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter and while he is a lock to be tendered a contract, it will be interesting to see if the Twins listen to trade offers rather than give him a raise from his $4.3 million salary from this season.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)